Notices

Looking for some input

Old 09-28-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I can't believe I missed this bit - must be getting old

It's beyond risky. It's like smoking a cigarette inside a tanker full of gas.

if we could 'drink and smoke as little as possible', none of us would be here on a site like SR, man.

In times to come you'll be able to go anywhere and do anything and not want to drink or smoke ....but honestly the smart choice is for you to decline the invitation this weekend.

D
This
Old 09-28-2016, 11:24 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Anna,

Thanks for the part about "not becoming sobor to impress..." Feeble light bulb just blinked in my head.

I have made a conscious decision to stay home on my Birthday when I know people are expecting me to show up to our local watering hole.

I haven't told anyone....this is about me getting comfortable sober. Once I feel I can be around some of them I will. Most I probably won't be able to be friends with.

Maybe even some of them will eventually see the light and I can help them. One thing I am certain: they have to want it. I'm a tough love kind of guy.

Ugghhh me rambling again..only a few days sober myself.

Snarly
Old 09-28-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I think it's always good to let a few in on your recovery for some accountability, the reality is this evening is likely to happen at some point if you're friends with them, and so the conversation is inevitable.

I wouldn't though go as it's your first week, but if you must come clean and you never know they may be very understanding . . . as for drinking/smoking to a minimum . . . that's fuel to the flames.

Never sacrafice your Sobriety for anyone or anything, live your Sobriety on your terms!!