Notices

I really need help

Old 09-21-2016, 01:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Glad you dumped the alcohol and are getting back on track. What supports do you currently have in place? Are you adding anything to your plan to help support you?
Old 09-21-2016, 03:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I've reached out to a couple of people from AA. I think I'm going to try out some other recovery groups though as a lot of the AA meetings I've been to are really heavy going and too serious. I left them feeling drained. Perhaps I haven't found the right group though.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi SadSadGirl,

Just coming across from the September class to say hi. I'm so sorry that you've been feeling as low as you have. I'm really early into this too, so I don't have much advice to offer, but I'm glad you're posting here and putting support in place.

I must sound like I'm on commission for this book, as I keep mentioning it, but I've been finding "This Naked Mind" very helpful - might be worth checking out, alongside trying different AA groups.

I honestly believe that it can get better - and I think eliminating the alcohol is the first stage in that. It's the only way to give yourself a fair chance.

Sending you lots of good thoughts!

xx
Old 09-21-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi somesortofhuman, thanks for coming over from the September group to reach out. I need you guys more than ever. I think you are completely right-things can get better if I put the drink down. So today has been pretty uneventful really-sure I've felt rubbish, look like a mess etc. But do you know? I've completed day 1. I will feel better tomorrow. Hour by hour I will. Not going to give up on myself. I don't think I'm in touch with my higher power but I do reckon that it's there looking after me. I can't change what's happened, I have willingness though and that's keeping me more serene.

I bought the naked mind but haven't started reading it yet. What kind of things does it say that have resounded with you?
Old 09-21-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you seen this SG

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 09-21-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi soberwolf, I have seen that thread thanks. My plan needs tweaking sure, I've learnt a couple of home truths assessing where I've gone wrong. A lot of it has to do with not being firm enough with my decision to quit for good-I know what I have to do but don't do it. It's all going to change from now though. Sobriety is my priority. I need utter honesty with myself when I'm not doing the work.