Notices

Make it through to Monday Weekender Sept 9th Part 2

Old 09-14-2016, 04:11 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

I'm restless today. You know that feeling of looking to others and things to make you happy?. Gotta kill it dead. Only leads to trouble.

Hate that seeking searching feeling. It's not desperate yet, so I have it under control.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I do know that feeling, trees. I get it sometimes, and it's uncomfortable. Those are the times I try to do something nice for myself. It helps.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Thanks MLD, I'm getting better at posting. Feel like my head is going to explode sometimes if I keep it in and try and push the feelings down and away.
I'm not a great poster and Posting helps, writing helps - doing it with real people is the best.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

My problem is sometimes I start comparing myself to what others have accomplished and beat myself up.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Don't do that, Up! You just need to look at your sobriety and feel good about that. I really try hard not to play the "what if" game. Could I have done different things in my life and ended up in a different place? Sure. But I'm where I am, and I'm proud of a lot of things I have done. Number one thing I'm happy about now is my sobriety. That's my number one priority ( besides my kids and my granddaughter). When I start beating myself up I think about how my life was when I was still drinking and I'm just grateful I'm not like that anymore.
Old 09-14-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Up, so interesting that you have said that because I was going to say the same thing but didn't think I was all that worthy of saying it! Ha ah.. The irony is not lost on me.

So thank you for saying it.
I too compare and feel like a jackass half the time but keep coming back so that's good I reckon.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I'm getting better at not doing it ..... BUT, there are still times. It seems like when I'm feeling down, I start having those thoughts, which doesn't help.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:18 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
...holds the key

It's very good, trees!

Have you never been so tired you felt like crying cause there's no end in sight and then you find out you'll be taking a 19 month old to Austin for the weekend and you can just see the writing on the wall....having to change dirty diapers in the car cause there no clean gas station restrooms on the way , no sleep for the entire weekend cause he wakes up all night and can see you from the pack and play so there's no chance of him staying put, washing bottles in the hotel bathroom (that can't be sanitary), full blown temper tantrums cause he's almost two and that's part of his job, and the list goes on and on! But I really have no choice cause I want to help but honestly, I've never caught up on list sleep from last weekend when I kept him! I feel like crying cause I don't know how to do it all AND look glamorous for the party Saturday lol!!

Okay...enough of my whine! Hugs to all xo
Old 09-14-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
It's very good, trees!

Have you never been so tired you felt like crying cause there's no end in sight and then you find out you'll be taking a 19 month old to Austin for the weekend and you can just see the writing on the wall....having to change dirty diapers in the car cause there no clean gas station restrooms on the way , no sleep for the entire weekend cause he wakes up all night and can see you from the pack and play so there's no chance of him staying put, washing bottles in the hotel bathroom (that can't be sanitary), full blown temper tantrums cause he's almost two and that's part of his job, and the list goes on and on! But I really have no choice cause I want to help but honestly, I've never caught up on list sleep from last weekend when I kept him! I feel like crying cause I don't know how to do it all AND look glamorous for the party Saturday lol!!

Okay...enough of my whine! Hugs to all xo
Priorities

You are a VERY generous person brynn.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:21 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Brynn: you are super amazing. Toddlers make me unravel, it is tough so are doing great.

I once did a very very long haul flight with 2 kids. I just wanted to throw myself on the ground and cry.. But you know a good sleep cures everything.
Hang on in there!!!!!
Old 09-14-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

I love my granddaughter (she's sleeping on the couch next o me right now) but I don't know if I could do a trip on my own with her without losing it. I could barely do it when my kids were little and I was much younger. I salute you, Brynn.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Hey all,

How goes it? I've been bleaching my teeth, only supposed to leave the trays in for an hour each night for about a week. I fell asleep with mine in last night and now ALL THE SOUNDS OF THE UNIVERSE ARE CHANNELING THROUGH MY TEEF!!

Owww, and yes, first world problems!

Looks like I missed another kerfuffle but I hope everybody comes "home" again here.

I need all of you xoxo
Old 09-14-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Hi Melina!
I need to bleach my teef. But I want to quit smoking before I do... Definitely quitting before Bali. Because really - going on a yoga retreat in a gorgeous place for healing and centering and cleansing WHILE SMOKING seems sort of nuts. Oh and maybe I should do a tiny bit of yoga before I go too. I know they say you don't have to but I want to.

Granddaughter is safe home with her mama now, and this grandmama is totally knackered and hitting the hay. Goodnight!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Night Marty.

Hi Melina.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Administrator

It shouldn't, but if the problems continues there's this stuff called 'MI Paste Plus' that's great for sensitive teeth Melina.

D
Old 09-14-2016, 07:58 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
ALL THE SOUNDS OF THE UNIVERSE ARE CHANNELING THROUGH MY TEEF!!
In all seriousness, I hope it stops soon.

But, you all know me ...

Old 09-14-2016, 10:14 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by Upward2Enlightenment View Post
My problem is sometimes I start comparing myself to what others have accomplished and beat myself up.
You are on a journey that is yours alone. Don't compare your progress to others because they are on a different path. Beating yourself up because you haven't achieved the same results will only slow your journey down. Look forward to reaching your goals and just let others pass you by. Just focus on you and you will get there.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:15 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Up! Sir!

Awesome news on the name change! I'm so super happy for you to create positive memories with your new name.

It's very nice to meet you again, sir.

Nice job!
Old 09-14-2016, 10:29 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning everyone x
Old 09-14-2016, 10:45 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Good morning everyone x
I haven't even gone to bed yet. Good morning to you!