Notices

Toxic People

Old 09-09-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I quote that I love is that" you are an average of the 5 people your spend the most time with" so you may as well surround yourself with beautiful souls and shine like the sun.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Miserable people tend to spread their misery around. When you head is full of anger and judgment and criticism and all that rot, very little sunshine gets in or out. I truly think negativity becomes a habit...a well worn neural pathway...like any other. As much as I feel sorry for these folks because I know they ain't happy, I'm a far cry for Ghandi or Mother Theresa. I can barely save myself (hence my existence here on SR) so I have to keep a very wide berth around those unfortunates.
Old 09-09-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
MIR - This was my daily reading this morning.......thought of your thread when read it;

Even as a tortoise draws in its limbs, the wise can draw in their senses at will.

What a marvelous simile! Just imagine a tortoise being approached by a group of school children with sticks in their hands. He sees the children coming, and the command is given to the limbs, “Retire!” Immediately, the head, the tail, and the four legs withdraw into the shell. The children come; they tap on the shell with their sticks, trying to get the tortoise to come out. He is safe inside.

After the children leave and all is quiet, the tortoise ventures to stick his neck out, then his tail and legs. He continues his journey, unconcerned. He goes where he likes.

If we want to live in freedom, we must train our senses. We learn when to welcome an experience, and when to withdraw for our own safety. We become masters of our lives. Then we will be like the giant tortoise I saw at the zoo – wandering freely while all the other animals were in cages. A notice on his back read: “I am free. Don’t report me to the management.”
I love it and so true. When danger comes and negativity come knocking all we have to do is withdraw and then emerge once it has passed
Old 09-09-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Do it. Nobody needs unhappy, negative people in their lives. Good for you.