Notices

Toughest and best things I ever did

Old 08-26-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Toughest and best things I ever did

When I speak to the God of my understanding...I just say, Thank you for another day...and thank you for my health, and help me to be a better person today...I quit smoking and drinking, and doing any drugs...Not all at once...the quit smoking came about in April 2016. All of this seemed darned near impossible for me. With smoking, I had to change my mindset and I prepared to quit by stopping smoking in my car, and in my house, then I set a quit date, and on that day I got rid of all tobacco products and I put on the Nicotine Patch. I have not wanted one since, because I want to live! Even with all the pain life sometimes gives. Plus both of my parents died of Lung Cancer from smoking cigarettes...it is a horrible way to go. I stay quit, because I want to be an example to my kids and others, that it can be done. I was a heavy smoker for years too, and since College. I got a clean bill of health in May 2016. I should've had liver failure, severe brain damage, COPD, Lung Cancer, heart attack,stroke, or died by now as a result...with all the stuff I did... I'm an old mid to late 70's hippie, and wild ass from the 1980's but could not stay quit of anything until 2004 (one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life,) when I conquered alcohol, then I stopped all mood altering drugs in 2012 (very hard also) and now I've quit smoking, as of April 25, 2016. I'd say, I have a lot to be grateful for, and considering how many times I wanted to die in the past from severe depression. I learned also that guilt and shame are wasted emotions, because they help no one and only hurt me..Well, "shame" kind of motivated me a little but mostly it fed my depression, and feelings of hopelessness. And I also learned, that without hope of some kind, that I have nothing. Right now all my addictions have arrested. And none of it came about by simple prayer of any kind...It came about by support groups, and others who had been there, and my not being afraid to take sensible advice from others who had lived it.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations Janet awesome post x
Old 08-26-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
EndGame

Such a beautiful message.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for sharing that Janet