Notices

1 day till San Diego

Old 08-22-2016, 09:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You can make a stand tonight and have a Sober concert.

Alcohol isn't needed to have fun, it can be done, do this one for you!!
Old 08-22-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

so was it worth it?
Old 08-22-2016, 01:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
We caved at the beach. I knew this would happen. I'm of course disappointed. Concert is tonght and i want to get home and start over. We leave at 7am so I'll be back to normal safe world.
welp, if anything, you have an understanding of premediation,how it feels after, and how great the results are.

sunshine,its just as easy to drink at home- its no safer there. you have to be 100% comitted to getting sober,willing to do whatever is necessary to do that, be willing to listen to others who have already been in your shoes,and heed their advise.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
We caved at the beach. I knew this would happen. I'm of course disappointed. Concert is tonght and i want to get home and start over. We leave at 7am so I'll be back to normal safe world.
I agree with Carl if you're thinking of drinking til you get home, please reconsider.
It's a really hard thing to face - but I had to change my life. My old life was just too bound up in my drinking.

Although it seemed like the worst thing in the world at the time, all the changes I made have been really positive ones.

I have a life now I could have never imagined in my drinking haze.

Don;t be afraid to make the hard decisions - noone would stay sober if they felt they lost out on the deal.

The transition phase is hard. I missed out on a few concerts and parties until I knew I wanted to be sober more than anything else., and nothing or noone could sway me.

I've gone to many more concerts and parties since then and had a great - sober- time.

Have a little faith that a sober life can be everything you want.

Just maybe put a little more focus on walking before you start to run?

D
Old 08-23-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ooona View Post
Good morning Sunshine...( hmm isnt that a song??

Hey just wanted to recommend a book for you that you might enjoy, your situation ( rock star party girl) really sounds alot like the author of the book called; Unwasted; My lush Sobriety.
In it she speaks on the topic of her party friends and how she sort of handled those tough spots, like the one you have recently found yourself in.
So anyways though, its ok whatever has happened, just pull it together and begin a new. Most important thing, just learn something from the experience that you can use in your journey.
Blessings.
I own that book. Time to read it again.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Made it home from San Diego

We made it home from San Diego in one piece. I could come on here and not day anything about not drinking but I would be cheating myself if I did that. I didn't really enjoy drinking because my friend was really worried about me because she knows that I have a problem. So I couldn't fully be myself which is probably a blessing. I'm disappointed at myself because I had all this wonderful support on here and I still chose to drink. I think I need to forgo any further parties or concerts for a while so that I am not faced with the Temptation because obviously I'm still too weak and vulnerable. I think I need to work on a long-term plan as well thank you all for your support this whole time. Although this wasn't a disastrous drinking event I know that inevitably it progresses into disaster. We are home now and today will be my day one. Darn it I almost had three weeks. I feel like such a failure.
Old 08-23-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Sunshine, you're post is really positive, so don't beat yourself up, we can't change the past, only the future, we can only write the next chapter to our lives and that can be a Sober one.

Changing up my decision making, the activities I got involved in became a large part of my plan, getting more support in there and utilising it, realising how far things can spiral, building from here can make all the difference!!

You can do this!!
Old 08-23-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Beating yourself up is useless energy.

You're not a loser - you simply underestimated the task - and we've all done that at some point.

I think a longer term plan and more careful decision making about the events you attend is a great start to a new and improved plan.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Sunshine,

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. I avoided situations where alcohol was involved for the first few months, I didn't want to put myself in that situation, or deal with the offers of alcohol. I am a few days shy of eight months and I have been able to go to functions where I was the only one not drinking, and it wasn't difficult.

My husband still drinks, so I am the designated driver when we go somewhere.

You can do this!!!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:53 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi sunshine,

I am sorry it didn't go as you planned. But you know you can do this.

Tell you what, seems like this GnR reunion is here to stay, so why don't you focus on a proper recovery plan now, then soon they'll release another album, there'll be another tour and you'll be able to set the record straight.

We've all relapsed, the important thing is to bounce back and understand what you'll have to do different next time.

Also remember we're all in this together.

P
Old 08-24-2016, 12:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi sunshine
I am glad you came right back. Like someone else said, we can't change the past, so just move forward from here and do the best you can to make today the best it can be. Good luck
Old 08-24-2016, 01:27 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

hope you are well

Last edited by hpdw; 08-24-2016 at 01:31 AM. Reason: miss information from me
Old 08-24-2016, 02:57 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Im so glad you made it back safe and sound Miss Sunshine!

There are so many vulnerable times, so many pitfalls for us to watch out for, whether its the ' party girl moments' or the isolated, lonely moments or the ' Im stressed out and need a drink' moments or the ' I worked hard all week and I DESERVE THIS REWARD moments' haha! We ARE going to have lots of these moments, are we not?

Heres the thing though, we can tell on our illness, we can share our secrets and the damn chirping voices in our heads and we CAN take direction from those that have come before us. Stay open and teachable girl. I promise to do that as well....One day at a time!
xxoo
Old 08-24-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

sunshine, you are not a failure. sobering up is not EASY, if it was, hell everyone would do it right? and we wouldn't have forums like this.

you now know more about the cunning, baffling, power of this affliction and are making new healthier decisions regarding what you will do going forward.