Notices

I've Made a Mess of Things

Old 08-20-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Dave, I don't know. I have given that some consideration because it could certainly be the situation. I think I'm going to approach it like this:
#1 I will not drink
#2 I want to go home
#3 I want things to be right between her and myself
#4 I will put forth whatever effort is required for #3 as long as it does not interfere with #1

Yea, I did scare them pretty bad and I know I have to re-establish some trust. Good news is my mom is all for my plan.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:21 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Great plan!! I totally understand where you're coming from, do what ever it takes to make all this happen, take care of #1 first!

Keep going to meetings and part time job anything to occupy some of your time till the dust settles, heck go do some service work somewhere with your AA group.. Always makes you feel good!!

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-20-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by Dave42001 View Post
Great plan!! I totally understand where you're coming from, do what ever it takes to make all this happen, take care of #1 first!

Keep going to meetings and part time job anything to occupy some of your time till the dust settles, heck go do some service work somewhere with your AA group.. Always makes you feel good!!

Keep up the good work!

service work is the #1 contributor to my intact sobriety date!

Old 08-21-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Well, Day 9 is coming to an end. All's still good. Back at mom's. We did our 2-mile walk earlier. AA at 7am tomorrow (and at 6pm). I am now scheduled for a job interview with Dick's Sporting Goods Monday Aug. 29 at 10:30am. Just something to fill in until engineering picks back up. Maybe that will help me earn my way back into my home. Tuesday this week I take my truck to the body shop. Rental is ready and waiting so I'll have my own wheels again. Family has been real good about taxi-ing me around. I just want time to pass because I know things get better day-by-day.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grats on double digits
Old 08-21-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Great job!!! Keep it up!!

Glad you're getting the car/ truck issue resolved!! JFYI, give uber a try when you're stuck somewhere, it's an AMAZING service.. You'll wait 2-3 minutes max for a ride.. Very affordable too..$5-6!!

Also Kudos to you for the excercise!! I think it's a huge plus for life and recovery!!

Thanks for your posts, they help me stay sober!!!
Old 08-21-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are doing well Cwood. Hope things continue that way. I know what your going through with your job. I'm in engineering too and there was a period awhile back that there weren't any jobs. It doesn't help with the drinking when you can't find a job in your field. At least for me.

Sounds like you're family really cares and wants the best for as do all of us. Have a good evening.
Old 08-22-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 10. Just got back from AA. Interesting topic today. We talked about the "higher power" vs. God issue. I think that issue scares a lot of people away from AA. It's funny because out of about 15 people in attendance this morning, only 3 admitted that they believe in God in the traditional sense (I was one of them). AA may be spiritual based, bu it seems that most people are there for the fellowship and to work the 12 steps, which can be done without God or even a belief in a higher power. All it takes is an open mind.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Well, let's see. Day 11. Things are moving forward. Had AA at 7am. Mom took me over to my house so I could pick up my truck and drive it to the body shop where I got a rental while they fix mine. No issues there. SO was at work. Got to see my two cats.......they really miss me. Maybe I'll earn my way back into my house soon. I hope so. I will never drink again. I'm OK with that. I understand younger folks being worried about never being able to drink again. They have a lot more activities going on that puts them in close proximity to alcohol temptation. I think that can be a real issue for them. To everybody, stay with it. The best read I've had in a long time is the Big Book. I downloaded the whole thing online...for free. Although it was written in the '30s, the principals are applicable today. It really is interesting. AA in 3 hours. Hang tight all.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

here's the link

Alcoholics Anonymous : Alcoholics Anonymous
Old 08-23-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Day 11 is fantastic Cwood, cheers for the link!!
Old 08-23-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cwood3 View Post
Day 10. Just got back from AA. Interesting topic today. We talked about the "higher power" vs. God issue. I think that issue scares a lot of people away from AA. It's funny because out of about 15 people in attendance this morning, only 3 admitted that they believe in God in the traditional sense (I was one of them). AA may be spiritual based, bu it seems that most people are there for the fellowship and to work the 12 steps, which can be done without God or even a belief in a higher power. All it takes is an open mind.
Great job on 11 days!!! Keep it up!!

There's an old timer I know and he says all the time something like, " one thing i know about God, I'm not him!"