Notices

Too Much?

Old 08-08-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

We all have trust issues. Fortunately, it's generally not too difficult to discern who has their act together and is a person of substance and integrity. My sponsor didn't agree to sponsor me for a long time. We got to know each other a bit first and he set some expectations, and I got to see who he was.

I'm on the second round of steps and I'm back to step four again. I have no problem sharing what I find with him, and I can tell you that he certainly has no problem telling me what he sees either!

Uncovering my distorted perceptions and attitudes and learning to alter my behavior and approach to life has changed my life for the better. The more I persevere in recovery, the less attractive using seems when the thought pops up.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd agree madgirl but then 'normal, non addicted people' probably haven't got that much to lose by taking a drink?

It's not like recovery is always this hyper-intense anyway - most of us would be gibbering idiots by now otherwise....

I've simply incorporated my recovery into my daily life, like showering or brushing teeth.

I also think I'm better for it as well - recovery's been a lot more than just not drinking for me

D
Old 08-09-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It's not like recovery is always this hyper-intense anyway - most of us would be gibbering idiots by now otherwise....

I've simply incorporated my recovery into my daily life, like showering or brushing teeth.

I also think I'm better for it as well - recovery's been a lot more than just not drinking for me

D
Couldn't agree more.

We get to be real people. And to be honest, recovery gets to be pretty natural. (Thank goodness).
Old 08-09-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Catch 22

I am 3 months sober and the problem is for me no matter how busy I am or what I do (except work) , there is always that underlying level of boredom. Early sobriety sucks, but we have to do it to get to the good parts.