Notices

Rough Start

Old 08-04-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough Start

I was off to a rough start. After a 3 1/2 year relapse, I decided I had had enough. There are other ways to mourn a relationship than drink vodka 24/7. After being in the hospital for busting my face open drunk, having DT's, horrific hallucinations, and insomnia... I slept 9 hours last night and woke up and ate breakfast, took vitamins, and did some chores around the house. Now, I'm going to go out and see my horse. It's a huge change in routine for me instead of waking up and doing shots and calling anybody or messaging anyone on social media that will listen to my rambling.

The hallucinations were one of the worst two days of my life, I think I needed to be shaken up and scared to not go back to that lifestyle. Seriously, when you think there are aliens in your house and are speaking through the fan that's a dead giveaway this drug is legal but is no joke. For the first time in a long time, I feel like putting makeup on my day off. I will never go back to that. I hope everybody has a great Thursday.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The after bender withdraws are absolute hell. I never experienced them before until this past 6 weeks. The first one was the mother of all panic attacks, I tried moderation, and that lasted for a few weeks, then last weekend was another massive bender, leading to not just your typical hangovers, but downright terrifying hell. I'm on day 4 and still feel like garbage.
It is the ultimate wakeup call, that's for sure. I can't imagine going back to that again and the fear of how much worse it will be if I do. I wrote down everything i was feeling about it to reflect back on if I ever feel like it again.
It might be a good idea to try as well, but making this threat is also somethingtot reflect on in the future to never want to feel that way again.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PrinzessinD View Post
I was off to a rough start. After a 3 1/2 year relapse, I decided I had had enough. There are other ways to mourn a relationship than drink vodka 24/7. After being in the hospital for busting my face open drunk, having DT's, horrific hallucinations, and insomnia... I slept 9 hours last night and woke up and ate breakfast, took vitamins, and did some chores around the house. Now, I'm going to go out and see my horse. It's a huge change in routine for me instead of waking up and doing shots and calling anybody or messaging anyone on social media that will listen to my rambling.

The hallucinations were one of the worst two days of my life, I think I needed to be shaken up and scared to not go back to that lifestyle. Seriously, when you think there are aliens in your house and are speaking through the fan that's a dead giveaway this drug is legal but is no joke. For the first time in a long time, I feel like putting makeup on my day off. I will never go back to that. I hope everybody has a great Thursday.
You've definitely had a serious wake up call. Sorry you went through so much. My advice would be to take it slow and be patient with yourself. Stay focused. Be good to yourself. It's gonna take time to heal both physically and mentally.
You didn't mention anything about support from family or friends. You really don't want to take on such a big challenge by yourself if you can help it.
Your mentioning hearing talking through a fan reminded me of hearing people singing to me through a fan. For a while, I thought it was the people living downstairs from me with their music turned up too loud so I can relate to your experience.
Hope you stay close to SR and keep posting. John
Old 08-04-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Try to not focus on the past the important thing is your here with us and your trying knowing you can do this & rooting for you
Old 08-04-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes...... I agree. Keep on pushing through and focus on right now. You can do this.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You don't have to go through that ever again.

What's your game plan to stay sober from now on?
Old 08-04-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm going to go back to my routine when I was sober for a long time before. I was addicted to green tea, but hey, it's better than vodka. I need to stay busy and when people offer me a drink I'll simply say "no thanks". I travel a lot so I joined AA online, the have video meetings online. I'll just have to take it one day at a time.
Old 08-04-2016, 08:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have also ended up in the ER after injuring myself in a blackout. 30 staples in my head. I went straight to the liquor store when I got discharged. Madness. Sounds like I could be the male version of you. The worst experience of my life was going through alcohol withdrawal after quitting cold turkey. just do the next right thing one day at a time
Old 08-04-2016, 09:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do this.! I never think I hallucinated but I once broke my front tooth by a drunken fall and broke my wrist roller skating while under the influence. Even sober I just broke my foot and I didn't even care because I was sober!! Stay strong!!
Old 08-04-2016, 10:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you are here!
Old 08-05-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I have also ended up in the ER after injuring myself in a blackout. 30 staples in my head. I went straight to the liquor store when I got discharged. Madness. Sounds like I could be the male version of you. The worst experience of my life was going through alcohol withdrawal after quitting cold turkey. just do the next right thing one day at a time
Now that's true insanity!! Reminds me when I when I was admitted into a dotox a few years ago. Hallucinations you wouldn't believe. Marines setting up survalence on a house across the street from me. Ghosts coming and going in my apartment. Some lady with a Jamaica accent telling me to call a number and all my problems will be taken away. The stuff I saw in the ER was pretty scary. Balloons with people's faces on them. Birds flying around. Even after all that, went straight to a liquor store once discharged. Insanity only touches the surface of this kind of behavior. John