Notices

Trying something new

Old 08-02-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying something new

I have gotten through my opiate issues pretty much unscathed, but I am experiencing moderate to severe body aches. Flu like stuff. I have some medication here that was prescribed to me a while back to alleviate joint pain. I have prednazone, diclofenac and celebrex. Here's the deal, I'm becoming anti prescription drug use.

As a result, I have spent a considerable amount of time doing research on alternative treatment. I'm not talking about stuff you can buy at GNC or Walgreens. These are supplements that are very specific and come from all corners of the world. I'm going to give it a try. I don't really find it necessary to mention what they are, but they could turn out to be very beneficial, natural and if that's the case, I'll call it a success.

I've also come to realize, other than my morning coffee, I can not handle caffeine.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Body aches. Sounds like withdrawal. It passes in time. I'd be careful about the over use of suppliments. It's an unregulated industry.
Old 08-02-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think those flu type symptoms are withdrawal too, Jeff.

I always advise anyone looking into supplement to see their Dr first.

Most of us don't think about things like drug interactions or suitability with 'natural' things - but we really should.

D
Old 08-02-2016, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's normal to have withdrawals and part of recovery is feeling uncomfortable for a bit. Try not to change one substance for another.

Remember us and use our support.

You can do this. You CAN!!!
Old 08-02-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Here's the deal, I'm becoming anti prescription drug use.
I don't think there's anything wrong with that to a certain degree Jeff. Our world has become one where everyone wants a magic pill to just make them better. And lots of those pills cause as many problems as the ones they solve - look at your struggle with opiates if you need a real world example.

I'd agree with the others though, switching from prescription meds to other "natural" substances is really just switching from one crutch to another. You are still trying to "take" something to fix your problems, when some of them will most likely just take care of them self in time - ( WD symptoms for example ).

I think it's also important to accept that some days we simply aren't going to feel good - that's just part of life. I injured my rotator cuff about 4 years ago and even though I did physical therapy for a long time, some days it just hurts.