Notices

Stay sober weekender June 10th Part 1

Old 06-09-2016, 12:08 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Glad you made it home without the wine in the basket, Jo. Shopping after work was a dangerous time for me.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

BD84 is in.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Glad you made it home without the wine in the basket, Jo. Shopping after work was a dangerous time for me.
Ditto^^^ in retrospect I guess any trip to the grocery store or gas station was dangerous for me. I still cringe when I think of rotating stores so the clerks wouldn't 'suspect' anything UGH!!!

Hi Sim!

Ruby...I like the dairy angle! Omg cheese yay! Enjoy your day off and your weekend! not sure if you mentioned it, but did your hubby find a job?

Brain...what kind of trees are those? Can't tell from the pic. It's so neat to follow all your progress on 'The Project'! You have a lot of vision and skill...not to mention fortitude!
Old 06-09-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hi BD!! Glad you're here!
Old 06-09-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Brynn ~
I would be doing a lot better if I didn't have all these people around me starting drama, it's as if they can't live without the drama.
I wonder if I wouldn't be better off living out of my car.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I have no idea who that guy was that started this thread... but this guy fired on all cylinders today!! What a great day. A sober mind is a wonderful thing!

Welcome BD!

Let me catch up.

K
Old 06-09-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

SU, I often thought that my old car would be an awesome thing to live out of. Too bad it's gone.

Brynn, Mr. Ruby may have a job after today. We shall see a) if he does, and b) how long he keeps it. He had an interim job that he wasn't asked back to last week after calling in drunk on Friday. The wages of addiction. He's lost two jobs since February.

I'm still eating candy. Get it away from me!
Old 06-09-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Send it my way, Ruby. I'm at my desk craving something sweet. Might have to dig up enough cash for the snack machine...
Old 06-09-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I with you guys. I started drinking again last summer, and this will be my first sober weekend since then. Here we go!
Old 06-09-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hey Malcolm!! Welcome to the bus!

Oh SU! It's so hard not to get sucked into drama when it's all around you! I hope you can find a way to disengage or ignore it or something grrrrrr! Are the drama people living with you?

Ruby, I'm really sorry your husband hasn't learned anything from his stints of sobriety and it sucks that his crap affects you and the kids. Addiction makes us such selfish bastards! I know you'll keep pushing forward with or without him for the sake of you and your kids.

Ken, you sound great! Yay!!

Bored at work. No candy here only crackers. Maybe I'll try candy tomorrow to see if I'm 100% well lol!
Xo
Old 06-09-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

It's amazing how much easier life has become sInce I took LBrain's advice and removed drinking as an option ever.
The main reason I drank was because I was so shy and always thought that I couldn't cope with anything. It turns out that I can cope just fine. Plus my mom only called me once today! Usually she calls at least 4 times. And if she calls at night when I'm in bed reading she will be like "why do you sound sleepy?" I reply "well I'm cosy in bed with my book plus I woke up at 6 this morning". It's a far cry from my drinking days when I would actually be going to bed at 6. My life has completely changed.

Well the tenants are now moving in on Saturday so I have a couple of extra nights to enjoy the peace and think and dream. I have enjoyed meeting friends and having friends over without the constant questions. The funny thing is that I thought I would love living alone but since I got this job I'm just too tired to do anything in the evening.

Tonight I locked the doors and went to take a shower when I was rudely interrupted by knocking at the front door. I had to answer the door to my old boss - who is now managing this house for my dad - plus two big burly guys - while I was dressed in just a towel and slippers. I think he brought them over to show them the garden. It's quite overgrown and needs to be sorted out. I let them in and scarpered! They didn't hang around for long thankfully. But that's the type of thing that would have made me feel embarrassed. It's nice that little things don't bother me anymore and I'm enjoying my new life and newfound freedom - both physically and mentally.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Yea brynn, well actually I am stuck living with them for the moment.
That is why I've started taking walks or go bike riding ... it gives me a chance to get away and decompress.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

YAY tetra, it's good that you're noticing your improvements.
Old 06-09-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Do your best

Peaky blinders finale was confusing & disappointing
Old 06-09-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Ok got it SU! Hey, look on the bright side....you'll be in awesome shape from all the walking!

Tetra you go girl!!

I've resorted to organizing paper clips by color.

Bix where are you??????
Old 06-09-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm in!

Definitely could use some extra accountability. Hubs leaves Monday and I know he'll want to party on his last weekend home. He'll be gone a few weeks.

Not so scared of my behavior when he's gone, but it's certainly a lot harder when he's around and wanting to party
Old 06-09-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
...holds the key

This 'take a quick survey' pop up is super annoying!!!!

Hi wolfie!
Old 06-09-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Hey country gal! Stick with us, we'll get through the weekend sober together!
Xo
Old 06-09-2016, 02:22 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

It's finally time for me to slowly get packed up to leave work. I was bored today. And tired. Bad combination - made the day last forever. Early bed for me tonight. But first, a bit of necessary and not fun shopping. Just household things. No impulse buys!!
Old 06-09-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Eliasson, malcolmsloan and countrygal

Hi simplicity, BD84

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
This 'take a quick survey' pop up is super annoying!!!!
Yeah - especially as I have taken the test in the hope it would go away. Never mind

Just finished a lot of laundry, what a boring way to spend the evening