Notices

Day 6??? Or Day 1?

Old 06-04-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Let me clarify

Ok, after re-reading my post I can see how it may sound confusing. I was just looking for a .. Idk. Behappy1, what I meant was today was day 7. When I posted this it was this morning. So technically today had not counted yet. Hense day 6. Thanks for all of the positive thought it's much appreciated!! And yes 1.75 is not an exaggeration. I think maybe the pain killers I was given may have helped with withdrawals. ?? Odd like I've said I've never quite before. I'm 5'9 and 155 pounds. My tolerance to alcohol has been built up over close to 22 years. I eat when I have to, which isn't very much. Reading everyone else's stories makes me feel like even more of a freak for the amount I was consuming for years.
When I asked the question if it was a reset it was retorical I guess. I couldn't morally still say day 7 as of tonight. So yep day 1. Absolute failure I am. As for vodka in the house Hard to part with. I have a bar room, stocked with everything you can imagine. Years worth of collecting. I just need to get addicted to something else. Maybe get back into yoga and running idk. Not a good night for me. Feeling low. Again thanks everyone. I appreciate the advice. Sorry for the crazy long non paragraph babbling. I'm on my phone. Gn :-(
Old 06-04-2016, 07:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Great job being honest! If I drank any amount of alcohol, it would be day 1 if I'm counting.

Hang in there! You can do this!!!
Old 06-04-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You are not a freak or a failure. You were honest about the shot in your drink - and you are trying to change your life. Going for big change is hard and can feel counterintuitive - but so worth it.