Notices

Stay Sober Here - All welcome - Weekender June 3

Old 06-04-2016, 04:35 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Water441 View Post
Still sober!!!
That's fantastic Water!!! How are you feeling about today? Sober plans?

Ken
Old 06-04-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Water441 View Post
Still sober!!!
Water
Any plans for your sober and not hungover day?
Old 06-04-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Wait what's this, I woke up without a hangover impossible lol
I do feel kinda groggy though I wonder if it is because I took melatonin last night? Slept OK not great but better than before.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hangover-free weekend mornings are the best, aren't they??
Old 06-04-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trees39 View Post
Hey everyone,

Just checking in. I cancelled my pub night tonight and swapped for a hike afternoon with friend and my dog.

Good times, beautiful landscapes. So glad.
I'm getting the hang of sharing before I feel like drinking.

Next event is Thursday night. I'll be sure to share before then.

Peace to all.
Sharing before you feel like drinking... Well done Trees.
Everyone needs to adopt this philosophy. Actually, make it a mandatory part of your life until that time you are in total control. It may take months, it may take years, but it's better to get feedback to your situation than going it alone.

simplicity, I counted for a while. 'They' say it takes 90 days to unlearn/develop a new habit. That's why you often hear the 90 in 90 day thing...
Eventually, if the numbers keep adding up consecutively, you may not count the days any more. But never forget the day you finally had enough. Whenever you think you are "ready" to drink again, go back to the day you were at your wits end and wanted to, needed to quit. You don't ever want to feel that way again. And you never have to.
Glad to see the new posters keeping on...
Old 06-04-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Happy Saturday All! Looking forward to getting a lot done today...maybe get a run in before the forecasted rain begins again this afternoon (a lot of rain here lately). Then some housecleaning and food shopping....I MUST GO FOOD SHOPPING. Thinking of buying some "emergency" ice cream for when the cravings hit. I'm going to force myself to take little breaks, catch up on the thread, & generally attempt to keep my stress levels low
Old 06-04-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Keeping those stress levels low is so important, Sim. Keeping it simple is the best way to go!
Old 06-04-2016, 05:21 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

woke up feeling groggy... maybe it's a coffee day...
that chipmunk is on my mind

another gray day here too - I'm glad, got work to do in the yard - oh, I took last couple years off, so this is old stuff that's been waiting to get done.

I gotta put up the net around my blueberries too... they can have the cherries, but the blueberries are MINE!

I recall as a yute, Ali's camp was in Deer Lake, PA. You would see him jogging along the roads. Just him, no entourage or anything silly like that. And he was just a regular guy and would talk to people or lend a hand. And you could just go down and visit his camp and watch him train if you wanted.
My cousin has a story of when Ali stopped at his restaurant. Ali wasn't shy about appearing in public. But this one particular time, Ali stayed in the limo and they ordered take out. Reason? He had Elvis in the car with him.

Ali was more popular than the Beatles...

It's a shame how he lived out his last years. He was a good man.

Old 06-04-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Good morning Enders!
Happy Saturday!
Old 06-04-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Here ya go, Lbrain: The Rodenator!

It injects Propane into Burrows. Then, you hit a BBQ-style Igniter to trigger the Gas. Bye bye Burrow.

A Neighbor uses one of these on Prairie Dogs; little rabid, Gopher-type Rodents all around us. The main downside is that the concussive blast sounds like a fn Cannon going off. Very bassy and boomy. When Commercial Bison or Elk step in a Prairie Dog Burrow, they can break a Leg. Bye Bye Bison, and bye bye being able to afford your Kid's College if that happens repeatedly in the tight Financial Margins of Ranching.

- The Rodenator Demo -

We're still draggin' A after all our Travels, and the Mountain House Load-out. I finally feel wif it somewhat this Morning. Who nose, we might even get around to unloading the Truck & Utility Trailer today. Ya just can't rush some things...

Coffee. Mass Quantities. Sunrise right now below...

Old 06-04-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Brain, pour some ammonia or stuff ammonia soaked rags in the holes. They'll vacate.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

I hear ya MLD...I notice when I let the stress build....the cravings start. Love that you shortened my handle to Sim. Never had a nickname in my entire life....Sarah isn't really conducive to nicknames It made me smile and even though it sounds silly.....it made me feel apart of the gang! Thx!

LB- not sure if this is a legal mention....but I think we must live in somewhat of a close proximity to each other. I thought this before when I saw you were from PA and you were mentioning the weather over the past weekends, as I was experiencing the same weather at the same moment....but it was confirmed yesterday when you mentioned the bomber flying overhead. It flew over my place too, no lie. I couldn't actually visualize it as I live in a wooded area, but holy moly, it was loud...knew it was military and flying low as I saw it cast a shadow over the woods. I thought it was something out of Fort Indian Town Gap......forgot about the WWII airshow this weekend at the airport.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

B-E-A-UTIFUL pic MesaMan!
Old 06-04-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Wow, Sim and Brain are neighbors!
I live not so far from one of our other regular posters - we actually discovered we have some people in common. Cool beans. We met for coffee once -time to do that again, Ven!!!
Old 06-04-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

ha Mesa, I don't think that would fly here. I do have a story of a friend years ago who had ground hornets in his yard. Solution? Pour gasoline into one of the holes - a lot. Then drop a lighted match. Then be amazed you didn't burn down your house as flames came shooting out of the ground in a about 50 different places.

Trach, I like the idea of ammonia...

ha Simplicity. I always wonder when I see a PA person if they are close.
I want to take my video camera next time I go fishing the Tully to film the blue heron catching trout. So far I was at this area twice and twice I saw him catch and eat a nice trout.
I'm thinking I should catch him and bring him home...

coffee is ready...
Old 06-04-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders elke, water

Trachemys - did you get your car fixed OK?

I met Muhammad Ali briefly in Waterstone's bookshop in Leadenham Market in 1991. I was completely tongue tied which is very rare for me. The Rumble in the Jungle was shown on something called a cinecast my friend and myself both sneaked out of our respective flats in the early hours to watch it

I have been to a local smokehouse and tried some amazing and unusual smoked foods - olives (superb) Stilton cheese (amazing) and perhaps most unusual but delicious, a smoked creme brulee

Last edited by saoutchik; 06-04-2016 at 06:15 AM. Reason: autocarrot interference on the word "cinecast"
Old 06-04-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Good morning Sober ones!

Hi Sim!

RIP Muhammad Ali

I feel like I've been run over by a truck as they say. The day after hearing shocking news seems almost worse than the day before because it's all starting to sink in and the ramifications of how it affects people you love become very stark and real. I wish I could turn back time and make everything good again.

Busy day here...babysitting then a birthday party at my house. Note to self....don't use cheap tape for crepe paper decorations!
Old 06-04-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Brynn, I hope things work out at home. Sorry you've had distressing news.

Nice pic São. And that smoked stuff sounds good.

Nice cool morning here. No rain yet. Phone finally working after 12 hours or so of being down.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

hang in there Brynny... vent here if you need to...

okay, so whenever we grilled steak in the past, it would be one steak we cut in half and one baked potato cut in half... last night night I grilled two steaks and we each only ate a half of one... the good news is that I don't have to cook lunch AND I just had steak and eggs for breakfast! Can't remember the last time that happened... well, time to get out the floss now... after this next cup of coffee....

Sim, every time I see that avatar of yours it reminds me of the trail at blue marsh lake... not sure if it's you or where it is, but not kidding...

well, the sun actually came out, I better get to work before the storms come... according to wu we are good until late in the day...

enjoy life everyone
Old 06-04-2016, 06:49 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Cricket ain't exactly being upfront about their Service Outage...

- Cricket Phone Outage Update -