Notices

fat

Old 05-29-2016, 07:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are back home, and I cannot believe how rude the people at that gathering were.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

glad you left tonib I am guessing those people were drunk . I have 61 days sober but when I first got sober back in 1990 I was still full of **** and vinegar and a few times at parties when drunks would say why are you not drinking are you an alcoholic I would say no I am a heroin addict want some, I was never a heroin addict but people would **** me off.
Hang in there you will be alright.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just lending my support. You did really well and your priorities are absolutely what they should be.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Good for you Toni. Sobriety first.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tonib View Post
I did end up leaving and finally got home and now watching TV sober. I'm hurt regarding the comments but I'm not going to make it make me drink. I'm already working on my weight but that's not my first priority my first priority is staying sober. Hopefully by doing that I will loose some weight.
Good for you, I can't believe how rude they are to say that!

I'm working on losing weight too as part of my plan. Even walking helps me feel better and offers a mental clarity and time for reflection.

Hugs to you!
Old 05-30-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Great job on leaving the situation yesterday Tonib... and even better job on not letting it trigger you to drink!

I agree with the others, might want to re-think who you are hanging around with. Seems that something that should have been fun for you turned into a degrading self-esteem trial.

You've got your priorities right, protect your sobriety and everything else will fall into place; including your weight.

You did great.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good for you! I too gained a lot of weight the last few months while drinking, so I totally can relate. Your priorities are where they need to be, and it took me a few days to understand that. I know I have to lose weight and I am on a weight loss plan, but being sober comes first. Glad you made it home safe, and don't let those !@@#)$@ people bring you down. Shame on them.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Tonib, that sounds like a really unpleasant experience, I am very sorry for you. I am glad to hear that you returned home sober. I imagine it was challenging for you but you got through it, that deserves congratulations!