Notices

Trouble

Old 05-18-2016, 10:46 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good choice, Stewy!!! You know deep inside that alcohol won't solve the issues with your GF. It will only make them worse. Be sober, be calm, be rational. Sometimes our SO's claim they want us to stop drinking but then don't like the changes it makes to the relationship (i.e. you're not a screw up now so you can take back your power.) Glad you decided not to drink!
Old 05-18-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
A few people on SR have recently gotten some pretty straightforward advice, some of which was around not acting on all the good suggestions others have made for them here. Have you considered that this may also be the case with you? You generally post only when something stressful or otherwise unwanted is occurring in your life (which is a good thing, the posting part), but more or less disappear in between conflicts. I wonder whether or not your GF experiences something similar. It's one thing here on SR, where people are generally supportive and sympathetic with your plight, but living with someone is a whole different matter. From what I've been reading, she's essentially told you that whatever it is that you're doing or not doing is unacceptable for her. Building a healthy and mutually-beneficial relationship doesn't abide by formulas, the rules of logic, or what should be happening. It's much more about the honest expression of our feelings, and a willingness to be open, especially open to change. If you feel that you cannot or will not do what your GF asks, or even feel resentful when she does ask or complain, then something's gotta give.
I'm not looking for sympathy, I post here for support and advice, not sympathy.

Would you rather me not post? I don't understand your point
Old 05-18-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats not what EndGame is saying.

D