Notices

Day 2

Old 05-16-2016, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Day 2 and my resolve is still very strong. I know it isn't much but I have just arrived home from work without stopping at any one of the 8 liquor stores along the way! (Yes, I counted)....
At least I know that for this one evening I will not be drunk and I will not wake up feeling like crap tomorrow
I just keep reminding myself of when I quit smoking nearly 2 years ago how awful that was but also how it got better with time.
The 2nd thing making me not want to fail is the following.....
A month ago I woke up in the hospital after a night out of drinking and I remember the doctor saying your blood alcohol level was .23 you are obviously a habitual user, anyone else would be dead. It wasn't so much what he said but the way he hurled the words at me like an accusation. I refused to speak to him. I wasn't fooling anyone though....
Well when I think about drinking I remember the way he looked at me and the way he sounded (disgusted) ugghhhhh!

I know now for sure that I want a new life and this time I am determined to grab it, whatever that takes. So for this moment in time, today... I have kept my word and I no longer drink.
Old 05-16-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope it's going well, WV.. you can do this.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job! I know for me attitude is everything .....and yours seems to be great.

If it makes you feel any better 4 yrs ago I had a bac of .37. Sorry the dr was a weenie but it sounds like it motivated you. You'll show him!
Old 05-16-2016, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you Voice !

DD
Old 05-16-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you on two days.
Yes, going to the hospital can be a wake up call, but it only stopped me for a few days.
It took me to admit I am alcoholic and can never drink safely. It also took support of AA and coming here.
I do hope you find the support you need here and realize you never have to drink again.
Best to you on your journey.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on 2 days!

Maybe while you are feeling motivated it is time to make a recovery plan and set some goals for yourself? Do you have a doctor that you trust and can be completely honest with? Finding a good counselor can also be a huge help. I always like to put emphasis on how helpful it can be to have a doctor and a counselor that you really trust and feel comfortable with. Most people don't look for a good doctor or counselor until they are having a really hard time or a crisis and at that point you are not in the head space to find the best doctor for you and it is always good to have a good relationship going because hey recovery is for life and at some point you will need a doctor or a counselor and they can help you best if they know you and your situation already before you are in crisis mode.

Also finding some hobbies can be helpful to keep your mind busy, if you are religious finding a good church and getting involved there, volunteering at a hospital or animal shelter, going to AA meetings, reaching out to family and sober supportive friends, etc. are all things that can help keep you on the right track.

Keep moving forward!
Old 05-16-2016, 10:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

That a great start WV

D