Notices

Hello, How are you ? Why are you sober/clean

Old 05-13-2016, 06:16 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I had two options:

Sobriety or Death.

I never thought I could enjoy life without alcohol or benzos.

Today I am happy. I love cooking, walking, hiking, my friends, my family, music, movies.

I got sober so I wouldn't die. What I didn't expect was that I would finally start to LIVE.

Life....what a beautiful choice I made.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm really enjoying this thread!!!

Thanks Wolfie.

I'm absolutely fantastic today!!!

I am sober because alcohol was making me a person I did NOT like! At all!

It was poisoning my body, affecting my looks, made me feel like death the next day, I did things I regret and I wasn't being the kind of mom I want to be.

Now I am so happy with myself. I am proud and fullfilled!

I love my new life!!!
Old 05-13-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Just want any guests or newcomers to see some of the answers these questions bring up as SR has more guests than members online at any one time & your answers might encourage someone to change thier life

I am sober because I accept I have alcoholism & it was killing me & for me to live on I had to change a lot asides from stopping drinking

Best decision I ever made was getting sober & today nearly 3 years in I feel awesome & strong in my sobriety

Why are you sober & how are you today ?
I am sober because like everything I've ever done in my life, I take things to extremes. So I pushed the envelope with a couple of serious binges/benders and screwed up my relationship with alcohol permanently. I choose sobriety because I like it. It is much more rewarding. The alcoholic binge's were not "fun", but I thought they were.

Today I am good. Not great, not awesome....good. And I will take that.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm sober because I am so tired of living in a cloud of depression and self hatred. I'm sober because I am sick of being "the drunk one" at parties and social gatherings and the shame and loathing that came from that. I'm sober because I don't want to blackout anymore. I'm sober because I never want to have a hangover (physical and mental) ever again.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I am sober because it was destroying me mentally and physically. Ruining my relationships and I simply had had enough and wanted to live. Getting sober has been the best thing I have ever done in my life.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for all the awesome responses everyone
Old 05-13-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
under new management

Another fantastic thread, sw

I nodded yes, yes, yes through everyone's posts!

I never felt like the drinking me was the real me. I am so happy to discover I was right! Sober me is the real deal and I won't be giving her up for anything.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:00 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

I'm clean because I didn't use today.

But why did I get clean?

The drugs didn't work any more. I didn't work any more. Desperation overcame resistance.

How do I stay clean?

Every day I decide not to use. I'm honest about what it would do to me and those around me. I've engaged in the process of recovery, and it's this recovery that makes it much less likely for me to decide to use.

Today I'm clean not because of the consequences of using, but because I like who I am now that I'm clean.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:32 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you everyone for making it an awesome thread
Old 05-13-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I am sober today because it was slowly killing me and I didn't like who I had become. I was sick of the guilt, shame, depression and feeling sick every single day. It's only been 15 days but I am slowly starting to see my old self come back and feel actually happy at times which when drinking was never. Being sober is so much better and now I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to do it. Wasted so many years.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I am sober because I realised that alcohol was affecting my health, mood and general well being. My husband drinks to excess and although I never drank around my child, waking hungover, being irritable all the time and having less energy than I should was compromising my mothering skills. I had a moment of clarity and realised that I needed to change for the sake of my future health and close relationships. I also need to stay strong and care for my child in the adversity of my husbamd's drinking.

I stay sober because I feel much more in control of my own destiny, far more motivated in the home and at work. I'm infinitely more patient and calm and I am at peace with not drinking.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm sober because today, I choose not to drink.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:24 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Today I am sober because alcohol only worsened my depression, and I want to be free from this nightmare I have created for myself. One step at a time and one day at a time, I am taking my life back little by little.
Old 05-13-2016, 04:42 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

I am sober because when I was drinking I had nothing to look forward to. Now, even on a bad day, I have something to look forward to. I love it.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 weeks, Easy2slip!

Delfin

Originally Posted by Easy2slip View Post
Right on SoberWolf!
I am 3 Weeks Sober today!

3 Reasons I want to stay sober

1) My health - I was literally killing myself with booze. I knew it was time to stop before damage.

2) My family - They need me. All of me.

3) My Music - Wasn't motivated after drinking (which was all the time).

Now I'm back BABY!
Old 05-13-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I'm deciding to get sober because the physical and mental effects are scaring me and I'm only 37.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I'm doing well. The first few months were pretty tough. I'll have 6 months on May 25.
I'm sober for many reasons. I was not happy drinking anymore. I wanted to be happy. With a lot of work, I am happy. One day at a time. I got sober for my son and mom. But I stay sober for myself now. I know I'm worth it. I didn't know that when I was drinking.

TW
Old 05-14-2016, 01:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

20 Days.

I stopped drinking because the hangovers became unbearable.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you all so much
Old 05-17-2016, 05:13 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me.

I dont like who I am. I will lose my job if I dont quit drinking. My life has become crazy it looks like I had go out of my way making my life and others people life a living hell. I am getting divorce I hurt to many people. I juts want some peace. Im so broke and tired of my poor decision making. I am so depress and unhappy with myself. I feel lost. These and many other reasons are my reasons for quitting. May God help me this time to do so.