Notices

Day 3, first post. Need your help if you have a minute.

Old 05-06-2016, 11:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, RedBerryJuniper! It's good to have you with us. I know how it feels to see your world shrink, getting smaller every day til there's nothing left but booze. The good thing is that you can escape living that way.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Red, welcome. And thanks for sharing.

I also came to sobriety with no more sober friendships after abandoning them for drinking buddies. I was very humbled and grateful to find that actually some of my old friends were happy to hear from me, and I have met up with a few old (real) friends that I had neglected for several decades. I have also realised that (shock horror) I really do enjoy spending time with my mum and my brother, and have enjoyed building on that relationship.

But my best gift from sobriety have been my new sober friends. Only a few of them, but people who really understand my thinking and who I can be completely honest with (something I couldn't even begin to imagine before) who I met in the rooms of AA. Obviously, there are many, many acquaintances in the fellowship who I enjoy talking to at meetings, but some of them really have become close friends. Oh, and my sponsor of course, who is more like a teacher / mother figure for me, but who I also really enjoy spending time with.

It really is worthwhile reaching out. Loneliness is one of the HALT triggers (Hungry, Angry, Lonely and and Tired) which are best avoided at all costs, esp in early sobriety.
Old 05-07-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. What a great community and overall vibe here. Day 4 is nearly done. I finally have some food in the house, and you are right, I feel much better than yesterday. Got the house cleaned up, too. What a relief that the physical part is improving. Also, being here and reading your wonderful posts helped me stay calmer and more hopeful, I am sure if it!

Still achy so I am having a hot bath and a movie, or inane Netflix thing. . I can't believe how much I want to sleep. But it's a good if a bit foreign feeling.

I so appreciate the welcome and all the great posts. Can't wait to get a clearer head so I can be more involved.

Have a happy weekend,

xo

RBJ
Old 05-07-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great news. Each day will bring improvement. We're so glad you're with us.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi red
I'm on day four too. Very low energy but happy to be alive! Check on day 5.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yeah, FAF! Day 5 will be here soon. I put my pj's on to signify the official end of Day 4. so tired too...our bodies are finally getting a break!

Nice to see you.

RBJ