Notices

Almost 60 days!

Old 04-08-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Almost 60 days!

One more night of sleep, which I really need, and I'm at 2 months! Imagine that. Really. Someone has to because I can't.

I'm adjusting to using Seroquel but the clarity it gives me is incredible. Now that I look back, I'd been wandering off into delusion-land for short moments for a longer period of time. Now that that's out of the way, I feel very relieved.

Adjusting to it takes a lot of energy, but that will pass. I'm going to log out, watch a move and go to bed early. It feels like it's my birthday tomorrow!
Old 04-08-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying the benefits of sobriety. It's nice to reap the rewards of your efforts.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

wtg man!
Old 04-08-2016, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fantastic Mike!! Keep it going!!
Old 04-08-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 59

D
Old 04-08-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yay Mike!
Old 04-08-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome - keep it going!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Mike, I'm really glad you were able to achieve 60 days sober. I'm really excited to hear about how our long walks have helped you with your health. I know that you wanted to get moving and lose some weight etc...and I believe you said you had been walking for hours a day. Also, I read a bit about the "other" addiction you may have had. I don't think it was an addiction but more a curiosity. More than anything you have mentioned that you have been really busy with a lot of different things and haven't had time to contribute much on the forum, which is totally understandable. At the same time, it seems that you are quite often very tired all the time (at least based on your numerous posts). I am so happy that you have gotten things squared away, at the same time I wonder how you can be so busy always resting and sleeping? I only ask because I myself would like to find that balance. You're doing great.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Great job! Yes sometimes sobriety is hard to imagine I get that. Keep on truckin'!!! One day at a time!!! Peace...out
Old 04-08-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good job!
Old 04-09-2016, 02:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Just a Girl Trying to Make It...

Happy 60 days!
Old 04-09-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
Hi Mike, I'm really glad you were able to achieve 60 days sober. I'm really excited to hear about how our long walks have helped you with your health. I know that you wanted to get moving and lose some weight etc...and I believe you said you had been walking for hours a day. Also, I read a bit about the "other" addiction you may have had. I don't think it was an addiction but more a curiosity. More than anything you have mentioned that you have been really busy with a lot of different things and haven't had time to contribute much on the forum, which is totally understandable. At the same time, it seems that you are quite often very tired all the time (at least based on your numerous posts). I am so happy that you have gotten things squared away, at the same time I wonder how you can be so busy always resting and sleeping? I only ask because I myself would like to find that balance. You're doing great.
Not needing a job helps.

I do a lot on a day, but I can sleep in as long as I want. That's my major source of rest. I sleep about 9-13 hours and never have to set my alarm. So I can go to sleep when I need to and always sleep as long as I need.

And although I do a lot during the day, I put in moments of sitting down and relaxing. Maybe drink some tea. This I can also do whenever I want. And of course, my activities during the day are whatever I want to do.

So that's how you can do a lot and still rest a lot too.

I do realize that I'm very lucky when it comes to this. People who have a job don't have this freedom and flexibility.