Notices

The Power of Three

Old 04-04-2016, 03:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Power of Three

Here I am again on Day 3. Since first going into AA in January this year I have been getting to the 3 week mark and then something momentous happens and I pick up. In March i managed just over the 3 week point, feeling, inspired and positive I found a sponsor and began my step programme.
Then I discovered that my partner of 5 years had been with another woman (in reaction to living with an active verbally abusive alcoholic) and bam I picked up a drink.
Since then I am struggling to get past day 3.
It's all so messed up and I really don't know where to go on all of this. All that I do know is drinking doesn't help, what's happened has still happened and I just want to stay sober. A brain befuddled by alcohol is not a brain capable of a making decisions.
I just need to get through today so my plan is to walk dog do some housework, call sponsor, hairdressers (yes in all of this vanity still prevails). Prepare and eat dinner. Go to meeting. Come home. Watch TV. Go to bed and day 3 is done.
I also need to start work on some sort of spirituality routine.
Your support in helping to get me through day 3 would be just soooo needed.
Thank you all.
Elle
Old 04-04-2016, 03:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Elle

for a very long time I couldn't get past 3 days either...then I decided to commit to 24 hours no drinking, and I backed that up again the next day...bad things will sometimes still happen but you have to put your faith in dealing with them without drinking.

Sometimes the way through really is the simplest....and then before you know it you'll find that adding days gets easier and easier

D
Old 04-04-2016, 03:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We are pulling for you, the first week in my experience is the hardest, first few days really tough but you can do it and your plan for the day sounds like an excellent plan.

All the best
Andrew
Old 04-04-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 3
Old 04-04-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You must want to be sober more than you want to drink. Then you will succeed.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you least. I can finally say I really really do want to be sober and not want to drink which is why after each episode I have jumped right back into recovery. My day 3 is passing along nicely now, I find it easier if I plan the day. Getting out of the house is important. It stops me going into my head too much.
Thanks for your support. Elle
Old 04-04-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I did it! Day 3 is now just a number! Thank you all for your support! Elle
Old 04-04-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fantastic job Elle! You are stronger for getting through a tough day 3. Great job.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say congrats 😊I'm only on day 2 and I'm in NY so it's only 6PM here, but I do look forward to finishing and starting my day 3 tomorrow. I even already have my whole day planned. I definitely think that helps.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Elle, I'm so happy you posted about your Day 3 fears. You did it, & we're proud of you.

Kim - You're going to make it, too.
Old 04-04-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you for your messages guys. Am still at that stage where sleep doesn't come quickly and I get the night sweats. Then I go off into my head and start tapping into stuff that hurts which is not good and places me in fear of tomorrow.....
Still am grateful for today and tomorrow will be addressed when it comes. Thanks Elle x
Old 04-05-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Elle, I'm so happy you posted about your Day 3 fears. You did it, & we're proud of you.

Kim - You're going to make it, too.
Thanks 😊I'm determined. Day 3 is almost in the books so looking forward to day 4!

And Elle message me anytime if you want! we can go through our journey together since we're both around the same sober date 😊