Notices

need to find sobriety

Old 04-02-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need to find sobriety

can't think of anything to
write other than I do need to find sobriety....I am so tired of loosing hours and days and being always hungover and trying to hide it.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Acceptance of my problem was a start, but I had to accept a solution as well. What steps to take action are you contemplating?
Old 04-02-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh I wish I had a plan....all I can think of is to not be alone...But that doesn't work. There is always places to go alone...
Old 04-02-2016, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Having a plan or recovery programme is vital to recovery seaside keep reaching out

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 04-02-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Did it work for you??
Old 04-02-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I like the 101 helpful hints link....
Old 04-02-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi seaside, I see you joined in 2014, so it seems this has been hanging over your head for awhile. It is hard, but it can be done, and many people here are a testament to that. If you can't do it alone, can you seek treatment options? If they are available, I would not hesitate to take advantage of them.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes I joined in 2014 but never really took advantage of the help
that is here.....Just have to try again. Right now I just look around at all things I need to get done and I'm overwhelmed and so depressed....
Old 04-02-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by seaside View Post
Yes I joined in 2014 but never really took advantage of the help
that is here.....Just have to try again. Right now I just look around at all things I need to get done and I'm overwhelmed and so depressed....
I/we understand. Many of us have been there. And I agree, it is depressing. But there is a way out, and that is to remain sober and tackle it head on. Its a little work, but I promise you its worth it. It really is.
Old 04-02-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Hi seaside. It's ironic but I was just looking at my journal from just before I decided to get sober. I wrote how even the smallest of tasks where so overwhelming. I was also very depressed. Now, almost 7 months sober, I no longer have those overwhelming feelings. It's not easy to get started but if you do and you refrain from drinking it really does get so much better. I hope you begin this journey.
Old 04-02-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

So hard to start but I am going to....I may need to post here every hour to get through iit....Alcohol has been my life for way too long. I feel like it owns me...
Old 04-02-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi! You can do it!
I was probably least likely to succeed and I did it!
Look at the plan link and make one up.
I spend waaay too much time on this site, but I don't care- it helps me.
Xoxoxo
Old 04-02-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Seaside,

Welcome back!! I joined SR in March of 2012, and made my first serious attempt at sobriety that October. In January of 2013 close to the 90 day Mark I thought I could moderate, that didn't work! I was on and off SR the next few years with on and off periods of sobriety.

This NYE as I decided I was done. Today is 93 days for me, and I am planning on keeping my sobriety this time. My plan has included SR, which has been my biggest recovery tool, I log on daily, and joined the January 2016 class, which has been an incredible sense of support. I also use Women For Sobriety, I journal, read, exercise (mainly walking and yoga), daily communication with a sober buddy who has the same amount of time as me, and most importantly, spend time with my family. If I feel an urge to drink I do something else, they really do pass.

I know it can seem overwhelming, especially when dealing with other stressors, but they are a lot easier to deal with sober.

One day at a time, and the first few days it may be one minute at a time. Stay glued to SR if you need to. Spend some time reading around and looking at what works for other people and try out a few things for you.

I'm glad you are back!

❤️ Delilah
Old 04-02-2016, 07:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So hard to start but I am going to....I may need to post here every hour to get through iit....Alcohol has been my life for way too long. I feel like it owns me...
seaside, don't hesitate to post as often as you need. I believe the moderators will support me in saying that is what this forum is for. We all want each other to be better. You can do man. You can.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi seaside. Welcome to our community. We have all been where you are.

Its time to stop drinking and we are here to support you
Old 04-02-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Need to find sobriety? It's right there, when you stop drinking. And it is wonderful.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Post here as often as you want to. We do understand how hard this is.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

been outside doing a little work but now it's almost 3pm and the time I usually go out to the liquor store.....so much to do but no energy to do it...maybe I'll read...
Old 04-02-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

been outside doing a little work but now it's almost 3pm and the time I usually go out to the liquor store.....so much to do but no energy to do it...maybe I'll read...
You sound like you're having a difficult time with this. Let me assure you, it will get better soon. These are the first steps. The withdrawal. The ups and downs. Which are all a good sign. It means you're healing.

After that, it gets easier, but you need to work on staying sober. Which is not as unpleasant as it sounds. It actually is not unpleasant at all.

From there on, drinking is so far behind you. You would be surprised how fast that goes. I'm on 50+ days and don't know any better anymore. I just don't drink.

What you need is two things. Accepting the hard parts and riding them out. And, this is my personal one, think: "It's not all that bad. All I have is some feeling ill due to withdrawal. And all I have is a desire to drink." Some people have it much worse you know?

Wishing you the best.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope the support here can help you get sober for good.