Notices

Trying to kick the habit while ahead

Old 03-27-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Def nip it in the bud now, your drinking at the moment is raising some red flags, the fact you have recognised that is fantastic, if I could give my younger self some good advice I too would say nip it in the bud now!
Old 03-27-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Not now, not again, not ever.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Fortitude

yeah lay off Dr Google.

You're a few days sober now right?

If you feel ok, then all's well. If you're worried or you feel unwell go see a real Dr

D
Yep! Had I not given up the booze, I would've waited about this long before another night. So it's just a matter of willpower.

But oh lord, I'm a terrible internet hypochondriac, especially if there's even the smallest chance I could have something as awful as DTs. But the only time I've felt crummy was the morning after my last drink, and that's because late night drinking wrecks havoc with my gut. Somehow I thought aggravating my acid reflux and dealing with the resulting queasiness was worth the fun.

Aside from the anxiety, nothing else at all! I even did 6.5 miles on our new exercise bike (a record for a potato like me) and I feel pretty good about it. I'm gonna force myself to hop on that thing if I ever feel the urge to drink. 200 calories worth of exercise is better than downing 200 calories worth of whiskey. Hopefully I can keep that up and shed off some of that booze weight I packed on.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Not now, not again, not ever.

A nice little update. My sister came by and offered me a sip of her hard lemonade. I said no without a moment's hesitation or even the slightest desire to taste it! A small victory for sure, but I felt good about it.

No intense cravings for booze, although my anxiety still remains a constant background thing. That's normal for me, but still unpleasant.
Old 03-31-2016, 09:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are doing really well. I have diagnosed myself with all sorts of things using Dr. Google, I try very hard to do that anymore, but it is easy to do!

Glad you have joined is at such a young age. You have a long life filled with great things waiting for you!

❤️ Delilah
Old 04-02-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey man..doing great!!

Those moments when you say "no" and feel good about it are awesome. For the longest time, I didn't think I could ever say no. After a little while being sober, now I say "no" with a huge smile on my face!

You're 1 week sober today aren't you? Maybe it's tomorrow? Either way...CONGRATS!