Notices

Yippee managed two weeks sober

Old 03-19-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yippee managed two weeks sober

Hi there well I've managed two weeks sober, mind you I have been ill so that stopped me in my tracks. I've made progress through I spoke to my Doctor and she is referring me to a drug and alcohol service... Well that was a week ago I haven't heard from them so I called my Doc and she's going to chase them up a bit rubbish really.
I have had terrible mood swings and am constantly tired and have had high levels of anxiety!! I just want to go to this centre as my Doc said they will talk me through things etc... And put me on tablets to help with things. I feel I have finally woken up to the fact that I turn to drink for everything what's going on in my life. I just want to start to feel better get rid of this depression etc... I was out at friends last night they were all drinking I drove first time ever and it was hard but waking up this morning without the guilt and feeling rubbish was a revelation no night sweats etc... I still look pretty ill but my insides must be happier. Alcohol is constantly on my mind but not always because I want it sometimes because I see it for the horrid drug it is and the damage its done to me mentally and physically my nerves are shot but I know in a few weeks I'll feel better start training again get my life back for me and the sake of my family.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on two weeks Jennifer! It took a while for the drugs and alcohol service I was referred to to get back to me as well. Do you attend any meetings? Like AA, or SMART, or another one? They can be helpful, especially when you're waiting to hear back from people.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 2 weeks sober, Jenn! That's terrific!

I found that stopping drinking was the beginning of the journey, but I had make other changes in my life to support my recovery. Do you have a plan for your recovery?
Old 03-19-2016, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on 2 weeks Jenn! Old Tomata has some excellent advice, there are lots of things you could do now while you are waiting to hear back from your doctor.

The link below is worth reading for all those new to sobriety seeking a plan

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 03-19-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on two weeks sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Jen on two weeks that's fantastic news I've been suffering a lingering cold for the last few days im stocked on tissues lol

Congrats on the referral aswel I done that & it helped heaps
Old 03-19-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your posts,they all help I've just been out walking to keep my head clear. Looking forward to waking up on a Sunday without a banging head feeling ashamed of myself I defo think I've lost some weight on my tum too so that's always good news.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on two weeks! isn't it great to be one of the people who wake up and aren't feeling gross on a Saturday morning? Like there has been this secret society all along who has energy and isn't groggy.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Congratulations on two weeks.
A great start to your new life
Old 03-19-2016, 09:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jenniferjenn View Post
Hi there well I've managed two weeks sober, mind you I have been ill so that stopped me in my tracks. I've made progress through I spoke to my Doctor and she is referring me to a drug and alcohol service... Well that was a week ago I haven't heard from them so I called my Doc and she's going to chase them up a bit rubbish really.
I have had terrible mood swings and am constantly tired and have had high levels of anxiety!! I just want to go to this centre as my Doc said they will talk me through things etc... And put me on tablets to help with things. I feel I have finally woken up to the fact that I turn to drink for everything what's going on in my life. I just want to start to feel better get rid of this depression etc... I was out at friends last night they were all drinking I drove first time ever and it was hard but waking up this morning without the guilt and feeling rubbish was a revelation no night sweats etc... I still look pretty ill but my insides must be happier. Alcohol is constantly on my mind but not always because I want it sometimes because I see it for the horrid drug it is and the damage its done to me mentally and physically my nerves are shot but I know in a few weeks I'll feel better start training again get my life back for me and the sake of my family.
You're doing brilliantly! And yes, you will feel better soon enough x x x
Old 03-19-2016, 10:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone
Old 03-19-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on two weeks, Jenniferjenn. You should join us in the Class of March 2016 thread here. I've found it's very helpful to be around others who are also early in their recovery. Wishing you the best today and thanks for sharing your milestone with us!
Old 03-19-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Old 03-19-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go JJ

D
Old 03-19-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats
Old 03-19-2016, 10:13 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well done to you!! Fantastic
Old 03-20-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

2 Weeks is fantastic Jennifer!! Keep it going!!