Notices

Trying for 30 Days.........

Old 03-17-2016, 10:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The only journaling I've done, so far, is here on this thread. It takes me so long to figure out to write in one post...I dont have time to write another one!
Old 03-17-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I am on the newer side here, day 22 for me! Your story sounds very similar to mine when it comes to drinking. I have never felt like I "really" had a problem, but the drinking after work was EVERY night. I would stop for a few days...have one drink, and it would all start back up again! Ugh! I have found the last 22 days I am WAY more productive when I get home from work and on the weekends! Feels amazing! Stay strong!!
Old 03-17-2016, 10:55 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

If u made it to day 4 w no physical issues u are not a late stage addict....

If you crave a drink, if you feel stress because you are trying for 30 days, if you drink to black out....you are an addict. You an early to mid stage addict.

Addict equals alky. There is an online test one can take. I was mid to late stage alky.

It is denial. Drinking every night is a maintenance mode. Drink hard every weekend or 2 weeks you are a binge drinker.

The mental damage from binge drinking is worse than maintenance drinking.

I am talking about brain damage.

Stress...anxiety...nervous...paranoia....

People require anti d.s to feel better when they drink to long....

The world according to D122y.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 4, Tryingfor 30 !!!!

Welcome to SR and see you in the 24 hour! Keep coming back!
Old 03-17-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KateAZ View Post
Welcome to SR! I am on the newer side here, day 22 for me! Your story sounds very similar to mine when it comes to drinking. I have never felt like I "really" had a problem, but the drinking after work was EVERY night. I would stop for a few days...have one drink, and it would all start back up again! Ugh! I have found the last 22 days I am WAY more productive when I get home from work and on the weekends! Feels amazing! Stay strong!!
Oh wow, congrats on 22 days! I haven't went that long in 7 years :/ Isn't it odd how something like that can happen without us knowing it?

I hear you about being more productive. When I did 9 days sober a couple months ago, I was even vacuuming my curtains! The "drinking-me" could hardly muster up the motivation to vacuum the floor! I'd be interested in keeping in touch since we sound similar!