Notices

Old 03-11-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Soberwolf, I really appreciate the support, I opened the fridge to a huge assortment of most of favorite beverages and stayed strong and grabbed a sparkling water.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will get better Frankyjr - stay with it
Congrats on yr progress so far
D
Old 03-11-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by frankjr View Post
Thanks Soberwolf, I really appreciate the support, I opened the fridge to a huge assortment of most of favorite beverages and stayed strong and grabbed a sparkling water.
Really? Give those "favorite beverages" away to a nearby family member or friend. If not that, seriously consider just throwing it in the trash or pouring it down the drain. Dead serious!! The corrupting power of alcohol is surprisingly strong, even high-IQ types/strong willed are vulnerable, no one is safe.

When I quit i still had about a 2/3 full 40oz bottle of Olde English 800 in the back of the fridge, along with about a 1/6 full bottle of some generic budget whiskey. In the early weeks it did cross my mind a couple times to "just have a drink" (cravings speaking to me/trying to tempt me). I remember one day early in week 3 i was eating a salad in the living room, i had a spur-the-moment thought to "finish off that bottle in there, one last time". But I came to my senses and remembered the HELL i had just been through the previous 2 weeks...... the extreme insomnia, the super higher blood pressure, the pounding heart, the shaky hands, etc.

It's a good thing by then i had discovered alcohol awareness websites such as this one, just might have given in had i not known about risk of stroke, risk of seizures, kindling, etc. I just threw away all my booze the day after that craving.close call.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:38 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Welcome, FrankJr! - Glad you've joined us.....you're in good company here!
Old 03-11-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Grubby, this was at my parent's house, I don't have anything at mine. My Mom and Wife went to some conference so I took my kids out to my parent's house. All of this was planned before I decided to quit and haven't really told anyone I have because most didn't know, or never made a comment about, how far I had gone. Once I get to a certain point I am sure someone will figure it out and say something. I am home now and the girls are in bed, so hopefully I can relax to some video games and this incredibly annoying headache will go away.