Notices

Asking for help is okay

Old 03-08-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Asking for help is okay

I did not get to this point in my sobriety alone. I had help and truly, needed it. I was a misdirected mess on my own solo mission towards getting sober. It may not be the case for everyone (some can quit drinking) but it was for me.

I always wanna try and post something that may give a sense of worthiness while you are in the thick of maintaining sobriety.

If your are in a fragile state and are really feeling like you are about to break just call out "help". Its okay. I can say that simple now "its okay".

I was the LAST person that want to get help for anything let alone something that I wasn't truly ready to quit doing.

Now, I've gotten much better with asking for help and I still don't in some aspects of life when I should. However, this was something that I needed a LOT of help and guidance with.

Its a scary thing if you've been drinking for a long time to change. Its challenging, it can be miserable in the beginning (at times during withdrawal for sure) if your spirits are crushed and its takes time to learn how to live again.

But it is doable with determination and help.

Little long post but my main thing is that people helped me and I just wanna post something that helps others.

I hope I'm doing that and I'll continue to try and do so.

Thank you all for the support you give me and others!