Notices

Survive and Thrive Weekender March 4 Part 2

Old 03-08-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Good morning!
fingers crossed for that job...mld.
brynn...are you getting all that rain? Sounds like you are in for it-
I just had a delicious omelet and now I'm going to get ready for the morning dog walk.
See you all later -
Old 03-08-2016, 06:57 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

I slept well yay!
Good links posted!

Long day at work, behind a bit with school, still have not done my taxes.....
Other than that all is well, weather is great!

Happy woman's day!! Xoxo
Old 03-08-2016, 07:02 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Js - I'm putting you in charge of reminding me every day to do my taxes...

Thank you
Old 03-08-2016, 07:07 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

No problem Brain haha

Oh yeah! Sao, that town looks delightful, funny how a foreign place looks so interesting and beautiful, yet is considered not very attractive to locals.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
...holds the key

It's storming bad here and I'm alone in the office! Creepy! Looks like a tornado out there with sideways rain. Wish I was home watching it on the patio! Never mind...too monsoon-y to be outdoors watching it.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brynn View Post
It's storming bad here and I'm alone in the office! Creepy! Looks like a tornado out there with sideways rain. Wish I was home watching it on the patio! Never mind...too monsoon-y to be outdoors watching it.
I love storm watching Brynn xo
Old 03-08-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Sao ~

Intrepid on-line Sleuth that I am, I see that this Golden Opportunity a U.K. Gal Pal sent me dovetails quite nicely into your Week around Uni. College Gals 'befriending' Guys w/Money that's used to pay College Expenses have been profiled on several of our major TV News Programs [see them on You Tube]. $3k/Month seems to be one 'affordable' amount. Hey, for a Man of your Means? Pocket change, now that the Lancia is completed.

Having been around both Campuses to give Tech Talks, it came as no surprise to me that 2 of the most popular Campuses for such 'Funding' are UT Austin, and UA Tempe. One Wild West interpretation of 'Woman's Day', eh?

This was going on in Japan several Decades ago when I went there between Schoolgirls & Businessmen to fund Clothing & Social Necessities like the latest Make-up.

- Sugar Babies - 20/20 ABC News - Time ~ 6:27 -

In other News, a Pro Vid Overview below of Harlaxton. ~2 Minutes long. Enjoy the area, regardless of how you spend your time! The 1999 Movie - The Haunting - is mentioned as being Filmed at Harlaxton Manor.

- Harlaxton Manor -

- 'The Haunting' ~ imdb.com -
Old 03-08-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Golly gumdrops sounds like something Ned Flanders would say.

Bodhi, it is flow yoga. Just for some reason last night I was getting really tired.

I'll be googling Grantham and Biggleswade to see what you're all talking about.

MLD I'll keep you in my thoughts on the job application.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Neato vid of Harlaxston, MM. What a goofy place.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Marty, fingers crossed for you. Sounds like it's a perfect fit. I hope you get it!
Old 03-08-2016, 07:58 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Just got off the phone with Tom, the ex. He's the mechanical genius. He works in industrial sales with valves and fittings. He's coming over to look at the faucets, sink, and door I have picked out to give the final stamp of approval before I use my employee discount card and buy. Free shipping. Will be here in 1-3 days. Hope they pack it well.

I threw out some junk last night. I think I got away with it. The garbage pickup happened without Brian going through the trash to bring it back inside, as far as I can tell. Shouldn't be anything he'll miss.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:02 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

SP- you reminded me that a couple weeks ago I collected all of the magazines that were stacked in the 'office' that I wasn't allowed to get rid of and got rid of them.
She has yet to make a comment on them missing.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:06 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happyandfree View Post
Yeah, marty....I got rid of my dish TV and got the roku. I have netflix and amazon prime along with antenna tv. Much more tv than I had before and I'm saving money. You could just try it and if you don't like it you can always go back. It's more tv than I need and tons of crime stiff. That's where I saw making a murderer. Not sure what you watch, but there's plenty. And no commercials.
ok...gotta run to a class.
Exactly what I have.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Hey everyone.

Tetra maybe you can buy your mother a disguise to wear when she leaves the house so the neighbors don't recognize her. A mask? You know, it's all on her. Tell her that you will rehearse her response to the neighbors with her. Oh, how's Tetra doing? She's just fine thank you very much. Blossoming in fact, I'm so proud of her.
^^^^ This!! Call your Mom on this crap, Tetra, in this kind of hilarious way...totally puts it in the absurd perspective it belongs to. "Oh, here, Mum, I understand! I'll be you, and you be horrid neighbor Mrs.Grumpamust, with the darling daughters all married to judges and doctors....then let's switch!!"
Old 03-08-2016, 08:16 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Awesome, Brain.

We're stealthy cleaners.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behan View Post

Happy international womens day to all the strong, sober women!

This amazing mural of 1916 women just appeared in Dublin city centre This amazing mural of 1916 women just appeared in Dublin city centre
Oh, very nice, Behan. Thanks for sharing this.

I liked this part of the article...

He said that he feels that taken together, “each of these women strike a balance”.
“Each played a different kind of role in the Rising. Some are well remembered, others not. These portraits will be woven together by strands of hair,” said O’Dea. “For me, the texture of the hair suggests a toughness, a gentleness, and something more mysterious. Hair was an important symbol in Celtic mythology, empowering and magical. As a composing element in this piece, it feels right.”

The hair symbolism is interesting.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon
Old 03-08-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

Hi, SW...what are you going to make for dinner today? Always interesting and makes me think ahead to my own.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Soberpotamus View Post
Awesome, Brain.

We're stealthy cleaners.
But if brain gets caught I don't think his response will be "if you don't like it you can leave."
Old 03-08-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I expect David Cameron and all those other private schoolboys could say "golly gumdrops" but if i (or anyone else) said it at my inner city state school I would have been beaten to a pulp within seconds

Thanks for the video clip MesaMan. In the thirties the place was bought by a self made woman (Violet van Elste) how cool is that on Intl Women's Day

Well it is one amazing building - there is this staircase with two grim reapers at the top complete with real scythes

I'm afraid I cannot go along with, or even understand the paying to go out with college girls bit

A.) I owe more for my car than they do for their course
so they should pay me

B.) Who wants to go out with someone much younger
much smarter and poorer than themselves - that
would just make me look even older and dumber. I
would prefer someone rich and not too bright

There are far less of us than I anticipated which is good but makes it harder to skip stuff without being missed. I do like Venecia's idea of being a Lord though, I could shoot a few peasants and roger a the occasional chamber maid I expect