Notices

7 week itch

Old 03-02-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question 7 week itch

Hi, on day 45. Have been doing okay but this past few days feeling tired and well less good about things. I know it's still early days but I guess I'm impatient and maybe unrealistic wanting to feel amazing all the time !! AV creeping in a little but finding it goes quickly when I remind myself of how far I've come and how stupid it would be to feed the beast I'm starving to death !!! Just wanted reassurance that I'm on the right path I guess and encouragement that things will get better with more sober time. Thanks for listening.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes well done, I think I felt a bit like a roller coaster around the 50 day stay, the initial Buzz has gone and things all get a bit bland. Just stay strong and keep busy, it does pass and you will feel better very soon. Congratulations on 45 days
Old 03-02-2016, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great job on 45 days sober!

I think it's unrealistic to think you'll feel amazing all the time. Life is full of ups and downs and there will be days when you feel less than amazing. But, you can always know that those days won't last.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

good job, hang in there! The early months can be difficult. It is worth it over time.
Old 03-02-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 45 👍👍👍I am in my 8th week (I think!) Maybe the itch is telling you to add something new to your life/routine at this stage...to remind you of how amazing life can be without alcohol. I have just come back from an amazing SOBER trip away...and it has given me a real boast. Wishing you well on the rest of your recovery journey x
Old 03-02-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi finallygrownup

I dunno about you but I drank for years - decades even. It's going to take a little time for your mind and body to recuperate.

Six weeks is great, but it may take just a little longer before you feel consistently amazing.

If you're concerned, of course by all means see your Doctor

D
Old 03-02-2016, 02:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're on the right track. Sadly, it's unrealistic to expect that life is always going to be rainbows and chocolate. I was all over the place in early sobriety. My life got better the longer I had in and my emotions evened out. Keep shutting down the AV. I found ice cream to be very helpful to curb any cravings and as a treat.

Well done on 45 days. That's great.
Old 03-02-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 45 days sober! Keep going, it does get better.