Notices

Sorry

Old 02-15-2016, 05:37 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadsadgirl View Post
Hi Beccybean, thanks for your great post. Yes everyone there looked much more normal than me spilling my tea everywhere with my shaking hands!

I am feeling better-doctor was good but every time I try to sleep I have horrible thoughts. They explained to me it will take time to get better and I shouldn't try and rush back to work, the most important thing is to get feeling happier.
what they explained is absolutely correct.

Good news is that before you know it, you will be amazed at all that life is and can be for you. With some commitment, a daily choice to embrace sobriety, some help and some work - you will step into a live more beautiful than you've ever imagined.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

... much more normal than me spilling my tea everywhere with my shaking hands!
Ahh. Yes. That's why my sponsor told me to only ever give a newcomer half a mug of tea.

I am feeling better-doctor was good but every time I try to sleep I have horrible thoughts. They explained to me it will take time to get better and I shouldn't try and rush back to work, the most important thing is to get feeling happier.
Yep. It WILL get better, and you shouldn't rush going back (nor put it off too long - that's the trouble isn't it. Finding a balance). As we say in AA - first things first. That means that we put our recovery first, because once that's secure everything else follows.

Please don't isolate while you're off work though. Try to meet with sober friends and family. Maybe hit some more meetings. Go for walks. Take time to B r e a t h e. When we're alone, fear tends to get us cornered and shout at us.

Well done for taking the problem by the scruff of the neck and talking to people who can help you.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, what a difference twelve hours can make. Feeling calmer, but mustn't be complacent-anxiety can rear its head at any moment! Hope you're all having an enjoyable sober evening!
Old 02-15-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

I'm so glad you are feeling better.

You don't need to be on guard against anxiety, just prepared with breathing exercises and whatnot. In my experience, fretting about the next anxiety attack can bring that puppy right on.

Guarding against thinking that drinking is a viable option?
Yes, that's a good thing about which to not become complacent.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're feeling better

D
Old 02-15-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Glad you're doing better. Keep posting.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:02 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Good to hear you've got a ray of sunshine there, Girl. It gets better, it really does.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:08 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Good morning SSG. Hope today finds you positive. Are you still off work? If so, maybe try to get to a meeting x
Old 02-16-2016, 01:48 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Been signed off work for a week. Bad night sweat last night. Woke up with feelings of regret and feeling scared that I messed things up with people.
Old 02-16-2016, 02:05 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

Use the week to make some really good plans and find good support sadsadgirl.

D
Old 02-16-2016, 02:11 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot Dee. The doc gave me sleeping pills for a couple of days so I took one last night-wow am I groggy today. But it's nice to not have the gut wrenching anxiety for a little bit.

As for plans, I'm not too sure-I have a tendency to throw myself into things to fill the void and then get fed up of them in a couple of months so I'm back to square one.