Notices

It's official, i'm a raging alcoholic :(

Old 02-09-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You're stuck in a loop and you can't see the way out, I was there too, drinking up to 2 bottles of wine a night, blacking out, feeling horrendous the next day but repeating it over and over again.

The best thing I ever did was make an appointment with my doctor hungover one morning and even though I kept on drinking, I promised myself to go to that appointment.

I went, he listened, he was compassionate, he didn't judge me or belittle me, he made a referral to Addaction.

I kept on drinking but I kept going to every appointment that was made for me, I let the professionals help me, I took on board their advice and I googled the hell out of alcoholism and different ways to get sober.

You don't have to do it on your own, reach out, there is help out there : )))
Old 02-09-2016, 11:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Join the club no one wants to belong to! You sound a lot like me. I NEVER thought I could get sober and guess what...I did it! You can too.

Hang in there. It gets better!
Old 02-09-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewJourneyStart View Post
I have no idea what to do anymore, I know drinking for hours every day is killing me and I don't feel there is anything I can do about it. I don't know where or how to start.

I wish there was a 'How To Quit Drinking For Good' fail safe scheme...

My heart pounds out of my chest every night as I lay there in a pool of sweat, and that's only the nights I remember going to bed. Most nights I black out. I often wonder if I'll even wake up, or how I've even woken up. I'm killing myself with this, I know I am, but I don't feel like I can stop. I don't know how to stop. My life is falling apart and all I care about is when the next opportunity to drink will be. I've lost my job so this is usually soon as my girlfriend has left for work. I don't even care that I'm living from lie to lie, day to day, just wondering when my savings will run out.

I hate everything about myself, everything!
Well there may not be a 'fail safe scheme' - but there IS a solution.

http://www.aa.org/assets/en_US/en_bigbook_chapt2.pdf

(Linked with permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.)

AA is where it began for me. AA wasn't my "fail safe scheme" - but it was the foundation of my solution in the early days.

You don't have to go on hating yourself.... you can be free of all that. Free of booze. Free of the cycle of shame and despair. FREE.... JOYFUL.... life can be great.

Welcome.

Old 02-09-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Have to agree with the above poster. AA saved my life. It's not the only way to get sober, but it is a simple program permitted you can follow directions.

I was seeking a chemical solution to a spiritual problem, that problem has been solved.

Get a plan and see what happens. You CAN do this.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Sobriety is an adventure.

I get drunk, eat crap food, wake up hungover and feeling/starting to look a little chubby round the middle and it still doesn't stop me. When my girlfriend leaves for work I start drinking and eating any food that's left from the take out the night before. It's just an endless cycle of misery. I used to always get a lot of attention from girls for being quite attractive, now I look at myself and wonder where it all went wrong.

I'm only 27, surely I could turn my life around and be living an amazingly rich and full life without a single drop of alcohol by the time I'm 30?
Old 02-09-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

"A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step."---Laozi
Old 02-09-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You don't have to wait until you're 30 to turn your life around. Why not start today?
Old 02-09-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Do your best

^^^^^^^^^ what soberdave said
Old 02-09-2016, 01:37 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

There is a big chasm between realizing you have a major problem, and then taking that first step to fix it. I knew I had a problem for many, many years before finally taking that first step to fix it (and believe me, even after that it was a bumpy road).

Coming here is that first big step, it shows you want to change. Sobriety is possible, plenty of success stories here. You can do this!
Old 02-09-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Lots of great advice has been offered. All of it true in my opinion.

Take that first step.