Notices

How did everybody do for the super bowl?

Old 02-07-2016, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How did everybody do for the super bowl?

I expected it to be hell. The way I remember it, everybody in my group drinks like crazy...turns out it was two guys. I was never offered a drink. I'm trying to remember my less sober super bowls. Was everybody drinking back then or was it more of a perception thing? Anyhoooo, hope everyone survived. Pretty dang proud of my effort. Hope everybody's Monday and week starts awesomely
Old 02-07-2016, 10:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I only watched a few minutes, it was a terrible game. Guess I'm not very interested in football when it's teams I don't care a whit about.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Watched others get polluted.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

I worked, so it was no temptation for me.

In the past, I'd be half in the bag by halftime.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

I found out this morning that one of my predictions was right I said panthers will get to the final & lose

Congrats Broncos
Old 02-08-2016, 09:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

It was great! I was sober, remember the whole thing, and got to spend quality time with the kiddos.

Go Broncos!
Old 02-08-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I stayed sober. I was disappointed in the outcome, but if I had drank I'd still be bent out of shape over it. With a clear head I'm able to see there are more important things to worry about than a football game. That being said, congrats to the Broncos, they deserved it.
Old 02-08-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I thought Lady Gaga was amazing!!!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fantastic Steve!!

Waking up and remembering every play is a far better way to watch the Super bowl!!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had a great day. One of my guests on the other hand, did not fair well at all. He started drinking in the morning, passed out for awhile during the day, woke up started drinking again and was puking by the end of the game. This was in front of his wife, his mother, his grandmother and his two kids. He's quite a bite younger than me, but it was bad.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I had a great time, remembered the whole thing. Even won some money on a superbowl board. I enjoyed the game, not my traditional get wasted the night before and then have the hangover start when the game starts. I also didn't have the bathroom breaks and miss some of the action. Although it was a snoozer at times I enjoyed it. I also had fun listening to the strange comments such as "there are breezes here in the stadium" I didn't know that breeze could be pluralized outside of a dr. sues book.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I watched the game at my parents' house and they don't drink so no temptation for me. I just enjoyed the game, the company of my parents and snacks. I don't remember watching the Super Bowl last year. I'm guessing I was probably drinking at home alone and passed out already by the time the game started. This year was much, much better than that!
Old 02-08-2016, 11:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

You guys rock
Old 02-08-2016, 12:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I had a great and sober time. And no one was sloppy or even noticeably affected by beer, even though it was the group of friends I associate most with drinking. So either: 1) this year happened to be mellow; 2) I perceived things as sloshier than they were in years past; or 3) I was a "bad influence" and contributed to more and quicker imbibing. I think the reality is a combo of all three.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm with you Rally. I think perception is a big part of it. Our own justification
Old 02-08-2016, 02:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It went surprisingly easy for me. I was with my wife and a lot of friends who brought some craft beers I would've loved to try, but I just stick to water and enjoyed the game. I woke up feeling great and spoke to my friend who wasn't feeling so great, and I thought I don't miss any of that at all. I'm very proud of myself for getting through last night considering last Super Bowl I was passed out before the game started and didn't watch a second!
Old 02-08-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Originally Posted by Fabat50 View Post
I thought Lady Gaga was amazing!!!
Agreed. From her other work, I never guessed she was actually a trained vocalist.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

It was fine and modestly enjoyable. I went to a party "cold" (meaning, not knowing anyone there), joined a card game, learned to play Pitch. Some people were drinking and others weren't and it just wasn't a thang for me.

This morning I got an email saying I won the pool. Beginner's luck since I have no interest in or understanding of sports.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I was in detox and the day room was filled with people watching the game or huddled around the other tv watching true crime shows . . . I snagged a bunch of crackers and peanut butter and was reading my book about Buddhism in my room and then I went to bed early. Good night, really.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

The game itself was mostly boring, but I did enjoy Lady Gaga, some of the commercials, Coldplay, and being sober.

It was fun to follow along on PK's Super Bowl thread.