Notices

Picture Perfect Weekender Jan 22 Part 2

Old 01-25-2016, 07:50 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Feeling sad that my boyfriend or ex I guess won't return texts. I selfishly want to control how much contact we have as to minimize my loneliness.
I thought we would be friendly and I would hear from his child or at least about him, but he's gone silent... As is his right. But it doesn't feel good.

I keep trying to think of the bumtron things he's done to make me want to move out in the first place, but then I'll get mad. I don't want to be mad about anything.

So I sit here just trying to let these feelings softly come up, and try to remember they will pass.

I miss them a lot. And that is ok. I will be ok. We will all be ok. I am sad now, though.

Tough stuff. I made sure I got my favorite ice cream at Target today.

Tetra, will you light a candle next chance you get, please? We could all benefit, and I would really appreciate it.

xoxo
Old 01-25-2016, 08:12 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Well ~

No matter how dark times can seem, I'm pleased to report that London Bridge is not falling down. Here it is earlier today; over the Colorado River.

- The London Bridge Story -

Old 01-25-2016, 08:16 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Hugs Melina! We sure can't control how other people act. We'll only make ourselves crazy when we do. Or if we place expectations on them. Be Zen!

Haf, I really think yoga is helping a lot. I'm only going once a week, sometimes twice, but I'm less stressed and less stiff. I can peel my shoulders away from my ears where they end up on most days. I'd definitely recommend it. I think Behan should go too! Relax for one hour.

Time for ice cream. I put a flank steak in marinade for tomorrow's dinner. And then bed.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Hope you all are doing well. I'm nearly at the two-week mark in my jaw surgery recovery. Thought I'd pop in and say 'hi.'

My life is turned upside down these days. Many changes. Scary times.

My physical recovery is going well. No worries about anything at this point. X-rays show my bite looks beautiful. My new jaw line is emerging as the swelling recedes. All looks great so far. I'm pleased.

Brian disappointed me in a massive way. My ex cared for me when Brian wouldn't. And I had to care for myself at times I shouldn't have had to, when my head was a mess from pain meds and I could barely think straight. He and I will divorce as soon as my proofreading replaces his income. He wants the dogs, but then so do I. Lucy was my birthday present and so I expect to keep her.

I probably won't be nearly as active on this thread. I have much work ahead. I'll be installing flooring soon, and painting, replacing the front door, and finishing up landscaping. The house is already listed for sale.

My father seems to want to help me build my cabin when the time comes. He wants to be in my life again, and I have mixed feelings about that.

All I can do is stay hopeful and keep moving forward.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think I've picked up a cold I'm lethargic the bones in my shoulder hurt : (

Warning: Man flu alert lol

Wishing everyone a nice tuesday
Old 01-25-2016, 10:25 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Oh Melina! I feel your pain. I was just thinking the same things about control. I also am watching Frasier. I am watching Season 3, episode 10. Finding it very affirming. I'm with you comforting with ice cream as well.
Old 01-26-2016, 01:58 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Take care Mel - it will take time to get used to your new situation.

SP - sorry to hear about difficulties. Sometimes a crisis can help us see things as they are and help us move forward. We are all here for you.

And bump!!!

B
Old 01-26-2016, 02:01 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Mo-ning!!!

Hey Behan!

Get well SW!

Stay strong SP.

Great to hear you are an independant woman Melina! Its tough but worth it I believe.

I am off to work.

K
Old 01-26-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hi SP - I read about your difficulties with your husband on your surgery recovery thread. I guess people show their true colors when there are tough situations. I know it's very disappointing that he didn't step up when you needed him. I think we all hoped he would. Hopefully you can get your business built up quickly and get your independence back. And I really hope you get to keep at least Lucy.

Melina - maybe the ex is feeling sad right now, too and doesn't know how to deal with it. Who knows - after a day or two he will probably be in touch. Are you at least enjoying your new place a little?

I'm hoping to hear one way or the other about the job today. I'm getting impatient waiting.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:37 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hiya,

Melina, I agree with what Marty said, your ex will probably meme contact in a few days - he is probably still coming to terms with what he has done

I hope you get both dogs Jen
Old 01-26-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
So, what do you do with all those sewing machines? I've been in apparel manufacturing most of my working life.
Trach - we send our designs off to a company in Japan and they convert it into a programme that the machines, which were built in Japan, can understand. What they don't do is pick up at the point where the power was interrupted so we have to start again on scraps until the point is reached where we lost power then replace scraps with the garments and hope that the "break" is not visible

I was saying on my monthly Class of thread, I did a few "designs" using composites of photos. This one used over 142,000 stitches and is completely useless on any item of clothing but I sold them to a London tour bus co and they have it and two others framed in their reception area
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20160124_143633.jpg (83.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 01-26-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

That is super cool, Sao!
Old 01-26-2016, 04:56 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Mesa - it's a shame the the old, old London Bridge didn't survive another dozen years when photography was invented. Would love to have seen a photo of all the buildings on it
Old 01-26-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks Marty

Happy 'Straylia' Day Dee, James Squires
Old 01-26-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
...holds the key

(((Potamus)))

Melina, sad is ok and normal. Wish we didn't have to go through the hard icky stuff. Hope today's a little better

Beautiful Sao!

Happy Australia Day, mates!
Old 01-26-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Feel better Wolfie!

Fingers crossed Marty! Waiting sucks blah!
Old 01-26-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Ken & Brynn

Sao I'm going to log in my phone later to see the pic sounds well intriguing
Old 01-26-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Sao ~

Be the Hero at Work that you already are here! Check into Mains Power Backup Systems. Consider going for a few Hours of Backup Power; not necessarily 'infinity'. Infinity is expensive. The usual Calculations/Justifications include non-productive Downtime; re-Programming time; missed Critical Deadlines; loss of Employee Productivity in which they could be doing other, Profit-producing activities instead of effin' around restoring Machines. And, so on...

- Uninterruptible Power Supplies -

Windy and more windy here, as is often the case in the Low Desert in Winter. Still nice to be out in, though. See below another Pic from yesterday.

Melina ~

In a similarity to first getting Sober, these sound like times to try to look beyond, and imagine a new and better Future. Cyber Hugs, Goil...

Brynn ~

I'm sorry to read of the inevitable finally going down, but best to muscle through it now at your Youthful Age, IMO. Your Posts of some time ago conveyed Fundamentals that were unlikely to change. I hope that things improve steadily for you so that you can get on with it, and set yourself free.
- 'If You Love Somebody [Set Them Free]' - Sting - Live -

Old 01-26-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post

Tetra, will you light a candle next chance you get, please? We could all benefit, and I would really appreciate it.

xoxo
Consider it done!

Hi Soberpotamus - I am just now catching up with your other thread. Sorry I have been busy with job interviews and such, but I really, really hope you feel better soon & things work out for you
Old 01-26-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. At work and adjusting my brain to getting out of the car.

SW, I hope that it's not manflu. I hope you feel better soon.

SP, I'm glad that your outcome from surgery is so positive. You must be so pleased. I'm sorry that things at home were not positive. It sounds like you have a strong plan and keeping busy is good.

Sao, I think Mesa is onto something with that power supply. Would save a lot of headaches and down time. I'd also have liked to have seen the houses on the old old London bridge. Would be cool.

Time to roll.