Notices

new alcoholic

Old 01-20-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya and welcome whathaveidone84!
Old 01-20-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

blacky did u ind the outpatient program useul?? i dont wana let my boss down u know i wana work and help him likes hes helped me also all my friends have been calling and txting everyones worried so i dont wanna let em all down u kno? most o all i dont wana let ME down i know i can do it and with the support u guys have already showed me, i feel part o a bigger family already.....thankyou seriously
Old 01-20-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

if you talk to someone at the rehab they'll help you work out whether in patient or out patient would be best for you. you don't have to come up with all the answers yourself. Give them a call and let us know what they say :-)

welcome to SR!
Old 01-20-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whathaveidone84 View Post
blacky did u ind the outpatient program useul?? i dont wana let my boss down u know i wana work and help him likes hes helped me also all my friends have been calling and txting everyones worried so i dont wanna let em all down u kno? most o all i dont wana let ME down i know i can do it and with the support u guys have already showed me, i feel part o a bigger family already.....thankyou seriously
I am making use of the group meetings and medication adjustments, but I have signed disclosure agreements so my status while not court ordered is disclosed to the court as I have a pending case.

In an inpatient program you are safe from being around any alcohol, have well structured days of education and groups as well as one on one meetings with therapists and doctors. AA or NA meetings. In general you won't have the time or ability to get a drink unless you walk out and quit the program.

In my situation I could try and drink, I am tested though using a method that goes back 80 hours or so, and if I screw up it could mean a long time in jail or some prison. I signed up for this myself. I have not been convicted in this case yet. I also caused my legal issues by being a drunk.

I did try to quit on my own and made it a few months here and there before my accident and dui. So now I don't even consider having a drink, and am feeling as well as I could be, and I have my families support and now the folks here as well. Which is great.

The rules here say we can't give certain advice, but I think I can say talk with someone, a professional that can assess your individual needs as TigerLili said.

You acknowledge you need some sort help, which is a good start.
Now you have to act on it.
Old 01-20-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Life gets better from here on. Who knows what rock bottom is but you have lots of good reasons to quit. Your life will get so much better. Sending you best wishes, John
Old 01-20-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to meet you, whathaveidone. You're among friends who care. No one understands like your fellow alcoholics. Please keep posting. We know you can do this.
Old 01-21-2016, 12:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

support here after only 2 days of joining is absolutely overwhelming i didnt realize so many people cared about each others plight....im humbled by your responses and am so happy i found this site, thanks again
Old 01-21-2016, 12:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

How are you feeling today whathaveidone? Were you able to call the rehab place? It does sound like a good start, even more so that you have the support of your boss. Best of luck to you, you can do this, even if it is difficult at times.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Smile

Won't it be good when you might change your username to - what I'm doing now!

I spent 20 days in rehab. First 7 days in the detox unit then elect to do the next 3 weeks in 'rehab'. It was intensive and often gruelling Did heaps of group and one-one's and massive amounts of journaling which began with my drinking careerand ends With me arriving here. Taxing. My head ached. It was not however enough to have me stop. I caved. Now a number of years later I find myself here thank goodness. As soon as I picked up again I reverted again, to a no life life avoidant, And it can take ages to regain yourself, sometimes never. I looked at those journals the other night and I could see that I was really trying to write my story. A tale of two cities? I was not ready.
And now I am here and feel understood and know (hope that not arrogant) that I've cracked it this time. This site has been crucial even though I offer little. There is much going on in my family at the moment not related to alcohol particularly but taking up a lot of emotional time Draining, taxing. So I read posts, clock on 24 hours and play word games. It has saved my sanity. I have never regretted doing those 28 days, even though I drank again. It taught me a lot and I liked my fellow inmates. We were together, except for a few. That was my experience with rehab, sometimes you even have to do a few, depends. And now I've got it. Sorry for long post, carried away. Join the mob
And don't forget all/most rehabs are different.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Haha thanks steely i like that name change hopefully ill get there - each weekend will be my main hurdle so if im able to spend time on here over the weekend i will but i really see this fri/sat as my first real hurdle....only one way to find out i guess - i know deep down i wont drink this weekend ive taken too many steps to undo this after one week, i think maybe the best 3 letter place for me to visit this weekend will be the GYM lol