Notices

A Family Affair January 15th Weekender Part 2

Old 01-17-2016, 01:05 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

OH. My. Lord. I am hanging today. Nothing is getting done. Luckily nothing has to! Based on the texts from Mr. Fireman that are barely decipherable he is having a worse go of it than me - and he is currently teaching CPR - be warned there are people in Ohio who may think they know CPR cos they had a class, but....

I took my vitamins and that seems to have helped. Really need to stop smoking, as I am sure my chain smoking last night is the cause of feeling like death, well that and 3 hours sleep
Old 01-17-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Sorry to hear about Henry Ken, how old is he?

I will take some pics next week.

Here is the engine at a place called Polimax where it was put on something called a dynamometer but I was told the carburettors not set up correctly (which I already knew but haven't worked out how to do them properly) The new set up is so well engineered there is little friction/resistance - I can turn the crankshaft one handed
He is 17 and some months. He is snuggled up next to me now. He has good and bad moments.

Great engine! Cannot wait to see it in. In high school I went to trade school for a semester. I worked on engines up and out on a frame. Had fun. Remember the smells the most. I know that's odd.

K
Old 01-17-2016, 01:16 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Guess what?? Just bought some Girl Scout cookies! Yay! I was just wondering when they'd be coming round. Bought the peanut butter sandwich cookies...omg yum! Could easily eat an entire sleeve without blinking!

LA...hope you feel better. Eat an apple! I always think it's a cure for everything plus you just feel better after eating one!
Old 01-17-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

wow, seahwaks made it a game in second half...
TSC - tractor supply company, hardware/general store geared toward farmers
and country living - great store.

Sau - looks like a lot of HP for a small car... vroom!

heading out to watch second game with neighbors... they'll all be wearing their pittsburgh jerseys. I might put on a raiders jersey just for fun... naw...
Old 01-17-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Ok! House is clean! Gonna head out and get groceries
I'm getting very serious about losing this extra 10 lbs now.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Saoutchik .. Smick Engine ... V6 or V8? Have you painted the car body yet, what colour? Red ones go faster

Melina ... great post. I know that feeling of fighting it off only for AV to come back soon after, stronger. Good to hear you're even stronger.

SoberP ... Careful with the ibuprofen. My friend's daughter was over prescribed it for a UTI and ended up with liver damage. She had just turned 4.

I'm 14 hours ahead off most of you, so here's to a great Monday.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Learning: does the fireman bug you at all about not drinking with him?

In my dating misadventures I haven't encountered any issues.

When I get asked why I don't drink I just say I hate hangovers, It ruins my metabolism and I get insomnia.
If anyone says just have a couple drinks; I just say I've never been good at that- its 0 or 10.
Many times the guys have said it was actually really nice not to have an alcohol date.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

JsBodhi - no, he really does not drink often. He is a social drinker when out with his buddies only. He likes the fact I can drive as with his job getting a DUI would destroy his career. He maybe goes out and has a few beers once a month. His dad is a really bad alcoholic, so he tends to avoid it.

The only times in 7 months I have seen him drink more than one beer is NYE and last night! If we go out to eat he might have a beer, but he is just as likely to join me with a sprite. And it does not bother me if he has a beer. I thought it would, but it does not!
Old 01-17-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I will be signing off for the evening. Early workday.

Tired. Vet tomorrow for guidance.

Dentist for the infection.

Serenity now!

K
Old 01-17-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by learningagain View Post
JsBodhi - no, he really does not drink often. He is a social drinker when out with his buddies only. He likes the fact I can drive as with his job getting a DUI would destroy his career. He maybe goes out and has a few beers once a month. His dad is a really bad alcoholic, so he tends to avoid it.

The only times in 7 months I have seen him drink more than one beer is NYE and last night! If we go out to eat he might have a beer, but he is just as likely to join me with a sprite. And it does not bother me if he has a beer. I thought it would, but it does not!
Yeah I've noticed this too, they might order a beer, but a few times after I order a tea or something they say " oh you're not drinking" and switch their order too.
If they do drink its usually one beer as well.
I thought it would be a problem, but I have to remember just because I have issues with alcohol, that everyone else does.
I often say I have yoga in the morning too and they just accept that.
I think they'd rather I look hot than drink haha
Old 01-17-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. I feel like a stranger here in the weekender thread after being gone for a few weeks. I hope everyone is doing well. Day 1 again for me I'm afraid.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Melina View Post
That's exactly how I feel after meetings.

I'm going to another meeting today bc that is the only way to break the association. I no longer drink, so I think with time the urges after a meeting will subside.

I'm also not trying to torture myself so if it doesn't feel right, I'm not going to force it. I can always go to a meeting at any point in time and try again in the future.

strugglingJim, yes my hands shook for a long time. It'll pass. If it doesn't, go to the doctor. That's the next right thing to do. Or go now. Why not get the peace of mind?

My right arm permanently shakes when I extend it due to some tendon damage... Sometimes I forget that - so everyone is different and I can't tell you anything that applies to you about your specific health.

Who is helping you with the Big Book? It can be an overwhelming place to jump in unassisted at the beginning of recovery. If it brings you comfort, that's wonderful!

There is a lot of work to do so go easy on yourself. Eat well and rest a lot. Set that good foundation so your head can slowly clear... I don't always take my own advice but I gently caution against biting off more than you can chew and then beating yourself up.

Smoothies, soup, ice cream and naps. Treat yourself with love!
thanks! yeah its a tough read, went to an AA meeting Friday night and planning on going Monday and Tuesday night. Seeing a doc and a therapist.
Old 01-17-2016, 01:46 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

JsBodhi - Yeah, I think the addiction makes it a big deal for us, but for others they just take it or leave it! Weird that!

Zeldafan - welcome back! Wondered where you were. Stick with us!
Old 01-17-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Oof I couldn't catch up on everything.

I told a guy that was texting me last night that I probably won't be coming to see him at his bar when he's working because I don't drink. He seemed to think we could only hang out while drinking.

Guess that one won't work out!
Old 01-17-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Night Ken! Hope both tomorrow's appointments go well! Hope the jaw pain doesn't keep you from sleeping

Hi ZF! Glad you're back!
Old 01-17-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Phew, I just caught up reading the last of the thread: part 1. Just read thread part 2.

Melina, I'm glad you got through that yesterday. It's hard. Those glowing neon lights promise a lot and only deliver pain.

Weas, I'm sorry about Henry. It's hard to see a pet failing. Hard to see anyone failing. Hugs.

I went to an AA meeting this morning. I like morning meetings. Nice start to the day among friendly faces. I'm sitting at my parent's house visiting.

Hang in there everyone.
Old 01-17-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZeldaFan View Post
Hey everyone. I feel like a stranger here in the weekender thread after being gone for a few weeks. I hope everyone is doing well. Day 1 again for me I'm afraid.
You will never be a stranger. Glad you are back at it!
Old 01-17-2016, 02:18 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Talk of the neon lights reminds me of something Ruby said In another thread a long time ago that has always stuck with me.

She talked about being the 'older' woman at the bar...too much lipstick, makeup running , hanging all over younger guys...we all know the type, and how if she went back to drinking and the bar scene that's what the reality of it would be....a pathetic older woman that everyone pity's. I've always thought of that when I think about stepping back into my old hang outs. Awesome reality check. Thanks Ruby
Old 01-17-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

C'mon, brynn. We all know you been lustin after me!
Old 01-17-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hi Zelda. Glad you are still trying.