Notices

Relapse Spiral

Old 01-12-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sounds very positive SugarLee!! You can do this!!
Old 01-12-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SugarLee1986 View Post
New plan is to tell my people that I'm struggling.. go to my psychologist again.. start going to group meetings.. stay on this site.. but most importantly I'm going to remember that I deserve a happy sober life.. the time I spent sober was/is the happiest time I have ever experienced.. sobriety solved 95% of my emotional and physical issues.. even problems I thought were unrelated to my drug use.. sobriety suits me... I need to drill that onto my brain... everything I use drugs to resolve can be resolved other ways.. simple as that.. 💖💜💗 thank you everybody...
Excellent plan, Sugar. You are showing great insight.

You've got this. You can do it!
Old 01-12-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

One thing that has helped me and is helping me is to replace alcohol with other things I enjoy or love.

Is there such a thing as "replacement therapy?"
Old 01-12-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

From one who relapses to another. When I got sober this time (3 years and 3 months ago) I checked myself into an out-patient center. There was intense 5 days a week all-day sessions with a group of people all trying to get sober, some alcoholics some addicts. This helped immensely. But perhaps the most meaningful insight I received came through a speaker tape. The speaker was named Sandy B, and he told a metaphorical story about falling out of an airplane. He found himself hurtling to the ground with no choice, he couldn't get back in the plane, he was going to hit and be smashed to death on the ground. Until he discovered he had a parachute. And that parachute is a higher power. But I don't believe in God he said to himself. Fine don't pull the rip cord, face what's coming. But maybe just maybe it would be worth trying the rip cord, if it didn't work, meh, gonna die anyway. If it does work it becomes a matter of how I'm going to land. Could be hard could be soft its all how I use the parachute. This story helped me with step one. I have fallen out of the plane of life and now it's just a matter of how I'm going to land. The tape can be found here. XA-Speakers - The lights are on! Good fortune, we care.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sorry about the relapse, SugarLee! Have you done any research on treatment options to help you "stay clear of the moors", so to speak? Is it just the one addiction or is there any other substance involved?

Wrt research, I googled this (specifically using Google search):

ucla potentially effective treatment

No quotes, it at the top of the results, not in the "Scholarly Articles" section.

Thank God the universities are working on a cure for the addiction to all these "weapons of mass destruction" that we subject ourselves to!