Notices

Sentenced for 2'nd DWI yesterday

Old 01-11-2016, 10:59 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The last two days were the easiest yet to not drink!!! I was depressed and de-humanized but didn't drink...of course I was locked in an iron cage with 15 other criminals-mostly DWI folks. I did have a though it would be nice to get drunk and not think about the mess I'm in. Only a thought not much of a craving. That's how I got in this mess in the first place and I'm damned tired of it. Rock bottom? Yeah, i know the place. They serve you 3 "meals" a day. How do you make potatoes taste bad? I mean really! I get to lose a little weight.

I just have to get though 7 more weekends. I'm telling myself God has put me there to learn something. Perhaps patience. Maybe humility-I will spare you the intake procedure. I don't want a drink today or tomorrow.

33 days sober. Calling it quits isn't the end. The hits are going to keep coming for a while. Lots of wreckage to cleanup and it is only possible by not drinking. It's just one day at a time. That's all I can do but I can do it.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad you got through the weekend CC. Jails no fun I know, but you have a good attitude. You could use the time inside to your benefit like doing some exercise or reading up on some recovery/self improvement books.

33 days is a big achievement mate, glad you're a free man for the week
Old 01-12-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congrats on 33 days... keep the attitude positive.

As a graduate of the 'two DUIs' school, I can tell you that from two years down the road of sobriety everything has changed and life is a lot better, even on the down days.

Keep a smile on your face and laugh off those ridiculous thoughts of drinking when they pop up. They''ll fade and become more humorous over time.

Keep doing the work to deepen your sobriety - and grow your life!
Old 01-12-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Glad you made it through the first weekend, and congratulations on 33 days.:-)