Notices

Lost my sparkle

Old 01-02-2016, 09:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I could have written your post myself. I am a bit ahead of you on Day 50 something and have been up and down constantly. I think it is our bodies still adjusting, our head adjusting, our spirit adjusting and the end of that busy emotional Holiday period that we all struggled to get through. We need to hang in. Maybe see your Dr if you think you are getting really depressed and not just a bit "off and blue". Keep well x
Old 01-02-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedAndy View Post
Hi Zlhzlh - I'm a few days in front of you on Day 50 tomorrow and can relate to how you've been feeling, definitely been a bit of a roller coaster over the past 7 weeks, some days feeling great and a few slumps here and there and at those points thinking that the sparkle has gone, learning to realise that I need to ride it out when those feelings that are sometimes pretty overwhelming show their face, it does pass.

My wife like your husband is also extremely supportive and commendable to say the least considering the way I have treated her and some of my actions over the years, I owe her so much and is my focus to give her what she truly deserves, for me that is only ever going to be achievable without drink and drugs.

Whilst at times I wish she could understand a little more when I'm feeling frustrated with the point I'm at I am so grateful that she is as I have always called it - a straight head, it's definitely making this so much easier to get through,

The fact that the one person you / I really need to be supportive is the one closest to us is something to be cherished and grateful for - as long as they are there do the others truly matter - for so long I put those friendships on a pedestal as they were the ones who put up with and understood the drunken / out of control me, I just resented the wife for trying to control what I did,, always telling me I'd had enough/ time to go home / what am I doing / time to come home / where have I been - couldn't see that it was just the fact she cared and was worried.

We'll definitely get our sparkle back long term and full time without the booze / drugs controlling us of that I'm sure.
How right you are Red Andy, i have put my husband through hell over the last few years, last year we were at breaking point, but he has always been there for me. After everything, he is my rock and i never want to put him through all that **** again, the drink turns me into a person i hate and can not control. At the end of the day he is all that matters in my life.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang in there Zlhzlh, you can do this!!