Notices

all is well

Old 01-01-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpenTuning View Post
Fantastic to read this Jeff!

Feels like there's been a real sea change (if you'll pardon the pun) in your attitude to alcohol in the last month or so. I certainly found it a lot easier, almost a relief, when I took drinking right off the table as an option in my life, rather than trying to moderate in any way. A so much cleaner way of thinking. No grey areas, no decisions to make, no mental calculations of how many I could allow myself etc. Doesn't mean the old AV suddenly disappeared, but I found it easier when I was no longer negotiating with it.

Wishing you a very happy, and sober, 2016!
Thank you so much OT, the longer I go not drinking the lower it becomes on my priority list. It used to be far too high on my priority list. Every weekend was dedicated to getting drunk at some point. I am seeing and thinking a little more clearly in terms of what role alcohol played in my life. And we all know it does not play a good role in most anyone's life. THe AV popped up and I admitted to it. Lastly, I will say that the support and encouragement from SR members really motivates me. It shows people really do care about one another here. I can't stress enough the importance it has played in my decision to quit drinking alcohol.
Old 01-01-2016, 10:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Jeff all the best for 2016
Old 01-01-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Jeff, glad the trip went well, Happy New Year!!