Notices

all is well

Old 12-26-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Good to hear, Jeff!

Bet it's nice and warm in California. Looking pretty gloomy in our parts, at the moment.

Stay close to SR and your support.
hi venecia, the weather is decent. i read you guys are having snow today and temps are going to drop. Maybe winter has finally arrived. Nice to hear from you. Jeff.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Have a happy holiday Jeff
Old 12-26-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great to hear that you are doing well, Jeff.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Great to hear that you are doing well, Jeff.
thanks soberleigh, i've had some trying moments but have not caved. starting to learn what "protecting" your sobriety means.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your doing amazing jeff
Old 12-26-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Where in California are you Jeff? I am spending the holidays in steamboat Colorado skiing with the family. My legs are worn out. Would normally be guzzling beer after a hard day now just water and muscle milk.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
Where in California are you Jeff? I am spending the holidays in steamboat Colorado skiing with the family. My legs are worn out. Would normally be guzzling beer after a hard day now just water and muscle milk.
I am in reseda ca. we have a home here, we are leaving to rosarito mexico on Monday. Skiing in colorado sounds like a great time. congrats on remaining sober. Its not very exciting here, but we own two places that we rent, and my wife's family is all here. Mexico is where a genuine vacation will begin. i plan to check in on this thread daily while i am away to remain accountable and receive support. which is helping tremendously. be safe on the mountain sva.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

if i were to slip, yesterday would have been the time to do it. We put everything away, everyone went home, it was quiet and peaceful. i liked to drink alone. i had "the talk" with BIL, we'll see where it goes.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Adventurer

Well have fun in Mexico. I too liked to drink while I was alone, that is actually when I would have the biggest problems. I managed this ski vacation without drinking and I was all by myself for many parts of it. I am sure you can manage Mexico without drinking, I know it is hard though because the booze is everywhere.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:14 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

thanks sva, i always like hearing from you.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:26 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

ok, so vikings won big on national tv last night. that was great. leaving for mexico in 30 mins. a little nervous, but excited too. love the ocean. Lastly, I've observed a couple of bonafide (sp?) alcoholics since i've been here. it appears to be a miserable existence. Not passing judgement as I have been there. But these poor guys can't function until they get some alcohol in their system via the beer they consume. Will write about it in detail when I return to MN.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:29 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I am in reseda ca. we have a home here, we are leaving to rosarito mexico on Monday. Skiing in colorado sounds like a great time. congrats on remaining sober. Its not very exciting here, but we own two places that we rent, and my wife's family is all here. Mexico is where a genuine vacation will begin. i plan to check in on this thread daily while i am away to remain accountable and receive support. which is helping tremendously. be safe on the mountain sva.
Safe travels, Jeff.

We are here for you.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to you and your's Jeff !

DD
Old 12-31-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hi all, got back from Mexico last night. Had a nice time. Rosarito has grown alot since my wife was last there so everything was a bit different than we expected, but was still a nice getaway. Being born and raised in MN, been a lifelong dream to stay in an ocean front property. I will write a more complete story when I get back to MN. Anyway, I had temptations/urges in the evening watching the sunset while on the patio. And it was kind of difficult, but what a reward in the morning waking at 7AM am putting on a pot of coffee and just relaxing listening to waves come in. Place had all the amenities and creature comforts so passing time was pretty easy. Trip home was hell on earth, Tijuana border is pure madness in my opinion. The trip, for various reasons, took 9 hrs. When we finally got home last night I wanted a drink, pretty bad. In the past I always liked to unwind upon a return with a few strong drinks. I waited it out by reading more of the latest John Grisham book I have. Soon I was tired and feel asleep. Have a safe new years eve everyone. Ours will be spent at the house here and rather quiet. Again, I am substituting booze with food.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Well done, Jeff.

Happy New Year!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2015, 01:50 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Welcome back to the states, gringo. Way to go!
Old 01-01-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Nice job!!!
Old 01-01-2016, 08:29 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good job, Jeff.

The more we get through stressful events without defaulting to booze, the easier it becomes.

Oh, and I am still WAY envious that you got to spend some time in sunny Mexico! Pretty chilly in our parts.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Fantastic to read this Jeff!

Feels like there's been a real sea change (if you'll pardon the pun) in your attitude to alcohol in the last month or so. I certainly found it a lot easier, almost a relief, when I took drinking right off the table as an option in my life, rather than trying to moderate in any way. A so much cleaner way of thinking. No grey areas, no decisions to make, no mental calculations of how many I could allow myself etc. Doesn't mean the old AV suddenly disappeared, but I found it easier when I was no longer negotiating with it.

Wishing you a very happy, and sober, 2016!
Old 01-01-2016, 10:22 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
Good job, Jeff.

The more we get through stressful events without defaulting to booze, the easier it becomes.

Oh, and I am still WAY envious that you got to spend some time in sunny Mexico! Pretty chilly in our parts.
Thanks Venecia, I actually sat on the patio with my shirt off one afternoon. It was pretty nice. Reality will hit on the 4th when we head back home. The reason for the long ride back was that we took my mother in law with us and because of her age she has incontinence issues. So we had to accomodate that.