Notices

Hard Time

Old 12-20-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hard Time

Just have to release some of my deep sadness. As I have shared, my eldest daughter is not speaking to me and has expressed that she wants me to stay clear of her and children for a long time, because I drank at her new house. I understand her feelings. It's so, so hard though. But I've bee n sober since our last visit and I know that is all I do at this point. She sent me a message about the selfish, ugliness of the alcoholic. But for much of her life I have been there for her. Thanks for listening.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry, beautifulpines, for your sadness.

I have found that most situations can be resolved, most obstacles overcome, and most relationships healed, with time, effort and continued recovery and sobriety.

Sending hugs.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

For now as much as it hurts stay focused like Leigh said things take time hopefully in time this relationship can be healed
Old 12-20-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this, alcoholism is the great remover , in staying sober we have a chance of restoring some of the things we lost , by staying sober for as long as possible some little trust may grow and after a while things may heal , you may have to ''love from a distance '' for a while .

Accepting the things we cannot change does not mean we are pleased about it , at the end of the day its only us that we can change and by doing it for oneself then others attitudes towards us might also change if we remain sober.

Lifting a drink obviously will only make the situation a hundred times worse , unfortunately some alcoholics want things to change asap and it simply does not work like that , it probably took a long time for people to resort to some actions to avoid contact with us , we won't get over it overnight it takes time , bad news travels fast , good news can be a lot slower before trust starts to take place , take care .

Regards .

Stevie.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry you're going through this. I thought I had lost my daughter because she literally hated me during the 3 years I was drinking, as well she should. The only thing that works is time and patience. Keep doing what you're doing and allow your daughter to deal with her feelings. Hopefully over time, she will come back to you.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to read about your sorrow and sincerely wish that as you continue with the changes that need to be made you can build a wonderful relationship between you, your daughter, and your grandchildren. Think of that as the prize.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can feel your sadness. Focus on your sobriety, it will speak louder than words. Relationships can be repaired, but it will take time and trust.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((beautifulpines))) That is so painful. Give it time, and in the interim be kind to yourself xxx
Old 12-23-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry beautifulpines, I know it must be very difficult for you. Time does heal, just hang in there.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry too beautiful pines...I think most bridges can be rebuilt...but it takes time...

have faith...you're on the right road now

D
Old 12-23-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Beautifulpines, I am sorry you're hurting right now. Maybe, in time, you can mend things with her.

xoxo
Old 12-23-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I ache for you beautifulpines. Get yourself straight and stay straight and hopefully your daughter will see the new and improved you.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm sorry, beautifulpines. The holidays make it even more painful to be estranged from those we love. Do what you can to make things better. Right now that just means working on you. You can't change anyone else, just yourself. It's a hard thing to face but it's the truth. Remember, despite the times you've been there for her you've also hurt her and let her down, too. Forgiveness- if it comes- will come on her timetable, not yours.

Don't let it drag you down beautifulpines! Use this hurt as fuel to push you to stay sober and do the work. Things can get better, you'll see!