I hope you don't stop posting. Everyone here is trying to help - really

D
Old 12-23-2015, 05:15 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi BWR

I hope you don't stop posting. Everyone here is trying to help - really

D
Thanks Dee and for your post. I'm still not feeling all that great. I know I'm just going to be judged on here. Saw my doctor today and talked to him today. He can see how badly I'm suffering and he's trying to help me by prescribing me different medications and he told me that I shouldn't have stopped taking it Cold Turkey. He said it how it can have lingering affects. He said it's dangerous when you stop taking any medication Cold Turkey. I kinda told him the truth and told him I was drinking a little bit while I was on this medication and he told me how deadly that can be. I've stopped drinking now cause I don't want it to become a new addiction. He told me that my new medication should help me out and if I don't see a difference in a few weeks to call the office to see him. And he advised me to not stop taking any of my medication Cold Turkey without talking to him first so he can slowly taper me off of it.

I think I'm going to get to sleep cause I haven't had a decent night sleep in a long time.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:24 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm glad you went to the dr BlueWeepingRose. I hope you start to feel better soon.
Old 12-23-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm glad to hear your doctor was able to help you it sounds like. Tapering is the key. I remember when I was getting off Klonopin my doctor immediately warned me not to stop taking it cold turkey. He put me on a plan to taper off of it safely and that worked for me. Best of luck with your new medication. I hope it gives you the relief you seek!
Old 12-23-2015, 05:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've never withdrawn form benzoes BWR but I have read many stories here of those who have and it's often difficult.

I'm glad you're not drinking anymore.

I hope the new med helps

Happy Holidays!

D
Old 12-23-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Glad you saw your doctor, and have a plan! Keep posting, we are all rooting for you
Old 12-23-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Good that you checked with your doctor.
Old 12-24-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am not giving medical advice but I went through benzo withdrawal off of Lorazepam and I searched for a taper program online and found one published by a British doctor. The taper uses the short acting benzo and slowly starts to mix in Diazepam a longer acting benzo and tapers you down over 8 weeks to where you feel nothing. I printed out this taper program and went to my doctor and requested to use it and he prescribed the exact dosage and I felt no pain whatsoever. I know you have had no benzos in your system so you might not want to entertain this taper program but something sees amiss with your withdrawal. Good luck! Hope this helps a little bit.