Notices

Today is hard

Old 12-18-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is hard

I am having a busy day and usually I would think keeping myself busy is good as I'm only on day 7 but after a stressful hectic day of getting the things done that I needed too I used to 'reward' myself with a drink or 10.... Really having trouble today as I feel I can't do this makes me want to scream, cry, fall in a heap and just give in all at the same time.. My heads going a million miles an hour as well can't seem to keep a clear train of thought... Anyone have any words or suggestions.... My heads telling me today is a great day for a drink and why not I have worked hard... I know this is not true... But oh so tempting...
Old 12-18-2015, 06:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

It's always a great day for drinking... bad day, good day, loss of a family member, addition of a family member, job loss, job promotion... yup, it's all good, but none have to do with the decision to drink or not. Hang in there; it will pass.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try to think of some healthy ways of rewarding yourself. You can get through a tough day without alcohol! Take a quiet moment and try to relax yourself, do some deep breathing.
Old 12-18-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

[It's always a great day for drinking...

Ur exactly right I didn't even realise what I had written until u mentioned this and I re read what I had written... It is so true today is not different from any other day even if I hadn't had a busy day and acheived things I still would have found a reason to drink... I didn't only drink on days I was busy and stressed I drank everyday... My minds just looking for reasons to make it ok to do so.. But it's not ok and I won't
Old 12-18-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hear you. I've been wishing I could drink bad these last few evenings. Not tempted, just wishing I could.

But remember the feeling will pass, quickly. Tomorrow will come very soon and you'll be glad and proud of yourself for not giving in and full of morning regret. Alcohol is a temporary, brief fix that makes the long run worse.

Great job on 7 days😊. Stay strong
Old 12-18-2015, 07:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Bettalife, I don't have any words of advice but just wanted to say I went through the same thing today (craving a drink after a hard day), so you aren't alone. It's so hard to resist sometimes.
I made it through the day but I'm expecting the same struggle tomorrow.
I find reading here a lot does help. Hang in there.
Old 12-18-2015, 10:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey, Congrats on day 7!
Im only 1 day ahead of you and im dealing with cravings too. An old saying I heard in rehab helps a little :
Remember the misery, not the magic..
you CAN do this. Stay strong
Old 12-19-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

How about reward yourself with a book congrats on day 7