Notices

Hello. I think I need help.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It funny because you really start seeing the progression, we live in a culture where binge drinking has become the norm you start feeling that it is almost ok to be like this until you wake up and really realize the full consequences of your actions.

I have a dinner tonight and I am just going to say no. This is the first step in being an active non drinker. This is my first dinner were I will make a conscious choice to say no, and what is the scariest part is that I cannot remember the last weekend where I didn't drink, and it was not about drinking for the buzz it was about drinking to get drunk.

On the bright side I should think of all the calories I wont have to burn off in the gym!
Old 12-18-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR

Originally Posted by Imstbtbpvom View Post
Hello

This is the first time that I have ever spoken about this but I think I need some help.

Last week I went out to dinner with a friend, upon becoming very drunk I decided that it would be a good idea to crash a party, that I was not invited to.

At that party I reigned havoc inventing stories and spreading malicious rumors without any remorse for how it might hurt or affect others.

I drank and drank and then I went home passed out and just woke up with a deep feeling of complete shame. I brushed it over and went on with my life.

Today I found out the true consequence of my actions. I hurt people and created rifts with my lies. I fear that I will never be able to recover from this. The problem is that when I drink, I lie, and invent stories which I simply cannot control. Those who do not know me take me seriously and I found out that my actions have real consequences.

The problem is I don't know where or how to start looking for help. I called the people I had spoken to and apologies for my actions, but I don't want this situation to happen again.

My father was a sever alcoholic and because of this my childhood was hard. My biggest fear is that I am becoming like him.
You're lucky that this is still a rare occurence for you. It's a great time to quit

I used to be that guy in the neighbourhood - drunk, stumbling about unwashed, wandering into parties with people young enough to be my children...

Believe me, people do forget and reputations can be rebuilt - so long as you stay sober.

I never thought I had a problem until today, but how do you say no when everyone is egging you on?
If you're really serious about change, you change your social circle.
I couldn't have been around people who were egging me on to drink.

It funny because you really start seeing the progression, we live in a culture where binge drinking has become the norm you start feeling that it is almost ok to be like this until you wake up and really realize the full consequences of your actions.

I have a dinner tonight and I am just going to say no. This is the first step in being an active non drinker. This is my first dinner were I will make a conscious choice to say no, and what is the scariest part is that I cannot remember the last weekend where I didn't drink, and it was not about drinking for the buzz it was about drinking to get drunk.

On the bright side I should think of all the calories I wont have to burn off in the gym!
I know a lot of people binge drink but that doesn't make it right or good.

Anyway 'other people' are immaterial here, if you have a problem, then it makes sense for you to fix it

You'll find a lot of support here. SR helped me change my life - I know we can help you do that too.

D
Old 12-18-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

The problem is I don't know where or how to start looking for help.

This website can help

You can also google "AA meeting schedule" in your town and go to a few of those.

This website, along with the face to face support I found in AA helped me to get sober several years ago.