Notices

How Can I Stop?

Old 12-18-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Jay, I carefully watched my doctor's face when I told him my consumption of alcohol was around 20 units daily, not weekly. I think I saw a brief flash of understanding why the heck I was there to see him, but immediately the training took over, and I was overcome with the feeling he understood what I was saying and why I was there to see him. He was full of reassurance and confidence, and was very soothing. There was zero judgement, just great relief in knowing I was going to get better and he would help.

I am pretty sure you will find the same thing, Jay. I suggest you do it sooner rather than later, it will be a relief to you too, and there is no reason to wait another day. This misery and sickness can stop, but you have to do it. The best part of this is that YOU CAN. Honest.

Please post about your experience with your doctor. There are many other readers I am sure in exactly your position, as I was too. Exactly the same. If you post, maybe someone else will find the courage to move forward as you are going to do. Ask for help, expect the best, and you will receive it. Onward!