Notices

I ruined my life last nighth

Old 12-06-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I would concentrate on staying sober for one day at a time....forever is a long time. Maybe some additional support too considering you have a lot of loss going on right now? Hope you keep checking in
Old 12-06-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes, don't look too far up the path. You need to do only one thing and that is focus on each day and keep sober that day. When the day ends then before retiring ask yourself whether you have done what you had to do that day. And then make a commitment to do the same the following day. If for some reason you have not kept your commitment and have taken a drink or had a relapse, figure out what went wrong and get back into sobriety immediately. A relapse may happen but do something right away to stop it. This is very important. If you delay then see a professional as soon as possible. You may stumble on the path upwards. Many do but the ones that succeed pick themselves up, dust themselves off and continue upwards. And the path gets less steep. Start right now. You will feel better in a few days if you persist. You are not giving something up, except for chemical slavery. You are giving yourself back to yourself. You are getting your true self back. Good luck.

W.