Notices

Boyfriend of Oxy dependent

Old 11-25-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Boyfriend of Oxy dependent

I am here because my long distance girlfriend is going through oxycodone withdrawal after three years of using the drug under a doctor's care for chronic neck pain due to three auto accidents.

She had surgery in July and the doctor decided to take her off the painkillers in September; we haven't seen each other for many months. Before September, everything was fantastic in our relationship; she was as loving and affectionate and considerate as anyone could ask. I knew she occasionally had to use the painkillers but didn't know she had been on them for so long.

Since she began the detox and withdrawal process, she has become more and more apathetic about our relationship; totally unaffectionate; and now is not even communicating. She posted a picture of herself taken on Oct. 2nd and she looked awful No joy, completely miserable. I last communicated with her directly about three weeks ago at which point she was staying with a cousin, as she said she didn't want to be alone.

I care for her a great deal, but wonder if our whole relationship was an act on her part? I don't think so, but why did she completely stop communicating, won't answer the phone; won't return texts; gchats, etc. What advice do you have for me?

Should I try to call a friend or the cousin of hers; keep trying to get her? I don't even know if she's back home or maybe in rehab.
Her mother now deceased was an alcoholic, however, my gf rarely drank and didn't smoke. Many thanks.