Notices

New to this

Old 11-21-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to this

Hello everybody! Very early in my recovery and having a lot of anxiety and low self esteem right now. Husband and I are in process of messing legal separation, he recently became sober himself. Getting ready to have custody battles regarding the kids, and every minute the battling thoughts of my good ole numbing friend (alcohol) keeps rearing its ugly head in my brain. At times the mind battle is crazy, but I am pushing thru minute by minute. I will get stronger everyday as I gain my strength and self esteem back, but everything seems like a struggle. But I am so thankful for my kids, health and all God has gave me. Don't know if it is best to say goodbye to my husband, or try to work it out. Very overwhelming.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! You are in the right place.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Hi Thankful and welcome to the forum. The self esteem returns and it is genuine. For me I needed to work through, think through things from start to finish with a clear head. Feel the evolution of feelings and not cut off the process of healing.

Have faith that you can do it. Come here often for support. Come up with a good plan to get you through tough moments. You are in great company here - there is a lot of wisdom and support.

Sorry that times are tough. Hang in there.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard! You'll find great support here. Lots of kind people and lots of sober people, all of whom started with a Day One, too.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all for the support and advice. Verge thank you, I will visit this site often for wisdom, advise, and support. Playing around on here and reading great support everywhere.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Thankful

Like others have said this is a great community. Perhaps it's best to focus on your not drinking for now...that way you'll be in the best position for yourself, no matter what happens

D
Old 11-21-2015, 10:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Get sober regardless of what happens, and perhaps put off any drastic changes until you've had some quality sobriety time under your belt. Unless there's something serious like physical abuse or something going on I'd give it time and try to work it out. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frank14 View Post
Get sober regardless of what happens, and perhaps put off any drastic changes until you've had some quality sobriety time under your belt. Unless there's something serious like physical abuse or something going on I'd give it time and try to work it out. Just my 2 cents.
Amen.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Cold but a bright sunny morning. Going to spend some time with the kids and maybe take them to the movies later. thankful to wake up sober. Will be happy when the thousand racing thoughts settle in my head.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I called that spinny brain. It will settle down with continued abstinence. It took me a few months though.

Keep coming here, there's a lot of wisdom around this site.

Welcome to the site.
Old 11-22-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome Thankful2day! Here you will find plenty of support. Stay in touch, keep posting. We will support you through this!
Old 11-23-2015, 12:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Thankful2day!!