Notices

Prayers Please

Old 11-06-2015, 06:58 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am overwhelmed by all the love and kindness from my SR friends.

Fini, I think 'hinged' was probably not the best word to choose. Rather, I should have said that my cats have been an integral part of my daily routine in recovery. They have always spent time with me whether it was a good day or not and their love never waivered. I am blessed to have a solid foundation in recovery and Kona, who is 10, came into my life five years after I began recovery.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Oh Anna, I'm so sorry you're going thru this. Sending prayers of peace to you both.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

How Anna:

One of the reasons I like you so much is because you always display your love to your pet. I love me pets dearly so I empathize with you and I feel sad to see you going through this. Try to focus on the lovely memories you have with Kona and know that she will always live in you. That cat got you through so much and loved you so hard and so much that I believe that Kona wants what's best for you. It would never want you drinking again. Rejoice in the love and help that she provided and celebrate her life by keeping her as a symbol of the kickstart to your sobriety.

Remember to see AV trying to use this and remember to keep your eye on the prize. This is a horrible time but it will pass.

This community loves you and we are with you in your pain. I send you a long tight hug.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Just saw your post. I'm glad to see your change of word use. Maybe not as the kickstart to your sobriety, but as a symbol of the work you have done for it.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you. It must be a really difficult time to go through.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:29 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Anna, I am deeply sorry as well, as i know this situation. I too, like Bim, treated a beloved kitty and gave her more time. You might ask the vet about possible treatments. Cats can live for a good while after loosing a good bit of kidney function.
You and sweet Kona are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Thoughts and prayers going out to you. Losing a loved one human or animal just s_ucks. Try to remember the best of times during the worst of times. Stay close to friends and support both human and spiritual.

Death is part of the circle of life and is the price we pay for love. I don't believe that loved ones ever die they just move to a different place and are waiting for us to join them when it is our turn.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I'm thinking of you and your beautiful boy, Anna. May you find both comfort and strength during this difficult time.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Our pets bring us so much joy and love; it is heartbreaking to even think about saying goodbye. Your SR friends are thinking of you during these difficult times.

Delfin
Old 11-06-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet kitty, Anna. Thoughts and prayers for you and Kona.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I will be praying for your cat tonight. I know how difficult it is as last year and one year prior I lost my 18 and 19 year old cats. I was devastated and still think of them. In some ways we develop a special relationship with our pets that is so wonderful. They're God's little creatures and so innocent. Praying for you!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

I am so sorry Anna. I will keep you in my prayers.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I'm thinking of you too at this painful time, Anna (((hugs))).
Old 11-06-2015, 09:08 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Sending more thoughts and love, Anna.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

My thoughts are with you Anna, you have my deepest condolences
Old 11-06-2015, 09:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

I'm very sorry. Pets are family.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:37 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

So sorry Anna. I grew up with a Siamese cat (and another one, so we also had two) who was one of the most peaceful animals I've encountered but also a true character. I have had lasting love for the Siamese breed ever since.

Sending good thoughts to your beautiful boy and strength to you
Old 11-06-2015, 09:38 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
pray for strength

My heart breaks for you, Anna. Peace and many prayers for you and the beautiful Kona.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:44 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
EndGame

My heart goes out to you, Anna.

I was one of those kids who seemingly always had a dog in tow. Helped me through a lot of childhood craziness.

Following my divorce many years ago, my dog, Sandy, a small collie mix, sat with me in my chair and when I was on my sofa. She lied down in bed with me back then, which was often, and not always at night. She comforted me in ways that only animals, only a loving friend, can. She was a rescue dog. Frightened, battered and abandoned. We had each others' backs for the next ten years before she died. It took a very long time for the pain to subside. We never truly get over the pain; it only loses power over time.

More recently, when my two kitties, Sophie and Pete, litter mates, died eight months apart, I was devastated. They were so very sweet and loving, just like Sandy.

The worst thing about sharing our homes and our lives with pets is that, when things go well, we outlive them. They teach us how to love ourselves when we cannot, and how to love each other. They teach us the meaning of loyalty, and they give us one of the few instances in life to experience what it means to love unconditionally. And their affection is unhindered by the apparent necessity to speak about it.

I'm sorry for your pain and suffering. I know what it is, having lost several pets during the course of my life. Having loved and been loved in return the way you have only makes life that much more bearable. You are far from alone in that.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:31 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your kitty, Anna!