Notices

Detox w/ Klonipin...now craving the k. WTF?

Old 10-14-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Waiting For Engines

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Badger, I was on benzos (klonopin) for over 20 years - both when I was and wasn't drinking. I decided I wanted to taper off (as advised by the addiction people). I worked with my pdoc to very, very slowly taper off. It took me a bit over a year after being on them so long but it was not difficult. Most people can taper much faster without problems.

I, too, don't like to take meds and I was told that benzos are generally not a good idea for alcoholics. I tried to taper quickly for that reason but simply couldn't. The gradual method gave me time to adjust. I am now off except for 0.125 mg only very occasionally.
Wow. What an accomplishment! I only know one other person who got off of Klonopin completely after being on over 10 mgs for years.

I have been on Klonopin for over 30 years and on dosages as high as 20 mgs a day. I went to a detox and a rehab, only to get down to 6 mgs a day, which is what I am on now. I am ashamed about this dependance, more so than anything else.

I have Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia, which is somewhat rare in males. I would do anything to get rid of these disorders without relying on these pills, but the tapering process is extremely painful for me.

You truly accomplished something special...

K.