Notices

Day 11

Old 10-14-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11

Hi everyone.
Well I've done 10 days sober now. Double digits. Yesterday was tough. My head was a blur with feelings and confusion. I did eat a lot, but I didn't drink. I am waiting for some huge emotions and unresolved issues to surface that I have to deal with. Was yesterday the start of that, or does it take longer ? Anyway it's a beautiful sunny day here and I will not ruin it by drinking. Thank you all for you support.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done mate, today is my 11th day sober so we are on a par :-) I'm already getting the devil on my shoulder telling me it could be okay to drink again in the future. Must keep the motivation going. All the best!
Old 10-14-2015, 12:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you both

D
Old 10-14-2015, 12:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Double digits is a big milestone. Great job.

My one piece of advice for what its worth is that abstinence is not control -- so no matter how easy or hard it is to abstain, this says NOTHING about what happens if you do drink. And for me and for many others, that was not pretty even if we could abstain without huge problems.

So tell the devil to shut the hell up -- you got this.
Old 10-14-2015, 01:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Good job Maverick ! Got that Dropsie
Old 10-14-2015, 01:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My guess would be that it is probably different for everyone in terms of when it starts and that there may not be a consistent pattern to it.
So I guess it would be good for us to be sensitive to their appearance and prepared to deal with them as they arise. Hopefully some of them will be positive :-)
Old 10-14-2015, 04:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great job StevePearce & MavericksPoint on day 11
Old 10-15-2015, 12:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on double digits to you both! For me first night was horrible, and really the first week was very hard. Mostly I had trouble at night. It turns out that I hadn't really just went to sleep at bedtime for many years; I just drank enough to knock myself out, sometimes in combination with OTC sleep meds. Without the booze I began to have panic attacks when I turned out the lights. This was really terrifying as I'd never felt that kind of panic in my entire 40-some odd years up til then.

I am happy to report though that the fear didn't last. After a couple weeks I was able to sleep like a normal human.

Changes keep coming, too. For maybe a couple years my body continued to get fitter and healthier, shaking off the effects of decades of abuse.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 11 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!!